Canada Post Mississauga PO

I have been having a problem with Parcels getting stuck in the Mississauga PO. The last Parcel I had cleared Customs on June 2/3 and was handed over to CP for shipping. It sat there till last Friday before it started moving again. I had the Seller from Germany put a search on it to get it moving twice. I was not sure if he was doing it so I told him in a nice way I would be looking for a Refund as it was almost 8/9 days over the expected arrival time and this time it worked and the Parcel is moving finally.

This is not the first time this has happened with  a Parcel coming from Europe. I have not bought any thing from the US because of the GSP and I refuse to pay customs on items that do not even have duties.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the "expected delivery time" posted by eBay is not reliable and I wouldn't rely on it which is not fair to any sellers.

The mail system nowadays is very lousy and more and more it is getting slower, so just be patience.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have no problem with the Seller my problem is why it sits in a PO for almost 3 weeks  after it clears Customs on some shelf in the PO with out moving. They can't blame Customs as it cleared there and was handed over to CP that is  where my problem starts.

If CP lost the on line sales from all the sites & stores right now they would be in bigger trouble than the are.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

The Gateway Postal Facility in Mississauga is NOT your typical post office.

It is by far the largest Canada Post sorting facility with over 1,800 workers, handling 70% of all parcels mailed in Canada (and a substantial percentage coming from outside the country).

http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/behind-the-scenes-at-canada-posts-largest-proc...

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

That I under stand with that PO but with that many workers 3 weeks is too long to sit around. Before I retired they used to say to us how many workers work here and the answer would be may be 50 %.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Phone the PO customer service line (not email and not enquiring at your local post office, phone) and start an enquiry.

Nancy White bemoaned the Mississauga Terminal in her album Civil Service Songwriter. The song was Post Office Medley and was recorded on vinyl back in the mid eighties.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@lukey9 wrote:

That I under stand with that PO but with that many workers 3 weeks is too long to sit around. Before I retired they used to say to us how many workers work here and the answer would be may be 50 %.

When you look up the tracking info the information you see on the Canada Post website is not accurate. The way it is posted it makes you think that the parcel has cleared customs and is back in the hands of the postal delivery end of things. In fact, your parcel sat in customs the entire time. That is where the delay was.

Trust me, I have absolutely no love for Canada Post but I have researched this issue extensively and that is what I have discovered. It would be quite uncommon for a parcel to sit with CP for 3 weeks just waiting to go out for delivery. Not having seen your tracking info I can still with almost 100% certainty say that the package was i9ndeed stuck in customs and not sitting with CP.

To add insult to injury if you call CP and Customs they play a great game of "it's their fault" pointing the finger at eachother and neither will actually confirm who has your package. It was only through my contact with some chatty employees that I discovered the truth.

Cheers,

thD

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I also recently had a couple parcels that seemed to sit there for 2 days. The 2nd one came from the US and involved going through Customs. The 1st one, though, was ordered from amazon.ca and it was already in Canada so it did not need to go through Customs, but it was still delayed by 2 days.

Now, if it happens again at least I know what the reason(s) will likely be for it. But I still would like to see these delays shortened, especially for those that are originating from another place in Canada which don't involve Customs at all.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Here is a screen shot of the Parcel & it is only a bubble envelope not a huge Parcel

2015/06/2018:14MISSISSAUGA, ONItem processed  
2015/06/0118:59MISSISSAUGA, ONItem was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing  
 18:58MISSISSAUGA, ONItem has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.  
2015/05/3016:58DEFRAA,GermanyInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada  
2015/05/2903:56DESAHA,GermanyInternational item processed in originating country  
2015/05/2812:09DE-93055,GermanyInternational item mailed in
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I'm still a newbie to ebay (about 3½ months) and haven't had a whole lot of packages delivered yet, but the length of time that your package/envelope sat there should be unacceptable by any standards. One reason that I can think of for that to have happened is if it was somehow put in the wrong area or if it had fallen behind or under something and no one noticed for a while. Perhaps treasure.hunter.d could shed some light on this since he or she has done the research and I have not. My other guess would be that items from certain categories or certain countries are held longer in Customs than the rest. I have no idea if that happens or not, and if that was the case with yours.

If treasure.hunter.d is right that the tracking entries from the Canada Post website are in fact NOT accurate and that the item was most likely still in Customs rather than being in the hands of Canada Post, then why the heck did it say that it had cleared and was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post? My package from amazon.ca never even involved Customs and it was still delayed for 2 days. Brings up more questions than it answers, doesn't it?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Finally the Parcel arrived at my door yesterday almost a month since it was mailed in Germany. The other Dealer I deal with in Germany uses Fed Ex only and it takes usually 3/4 days to arrive here in Nova Scotia and in most cases it is a larger Parcel. I would rather pay the few extra dollars and have it arrive in a short time rather than pay a few dollars less  and take almost a month to arrive here.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

My European purchases normally appear faster than my North American ones.

I think it is because European sellers use Air Mail (and are not afraid to charge for it).

The long delay does sound as if your parcel was overlooked somehow. Was this one a 'larger parcel' or was it something that could work its way into a hidden spot?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

It was a regular size 6x9  Bubble envelope so as you say it could have got miss laid in the PO. Since I don't buy any thing out of the US any more because of the GSP  I find the Parcels coming from Europe arriving very fast lately with the exception of the last one.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply