Canada Post delivery standards for parcels

When I read the delivery standards below, It seems shipping nationally within Canada is getting the shaft if compared to US and International.

7 days for expedited parcel national is absurd !

Ship to Canadian, U.S. and international destinations

Canada
Local, regional and national delivery

U.S.
Over 153 million delivery points

International
Ship to more than 192 countries worldwide

Regular Parcel

Local — up to 2 days1
Regional — up to 5 days1
National — up to 9 days1

For personal and business delivery across Canada with our least expensive service that still includes tracking.

Expedited Parcel
Local — 1 day1
Regional — up to 3 days1
National — up to 7 days1
Businesses that have an account with Canada Post can send parcels across Canada with this economical ground service.

Expedited Parcel — USA
Delivery in 4 — 7 days1
Send larger packages up to 30 kg to the U.S. with tracking and liability coverage.

International Parcel — Air
Delivery in 6 — 10 days1
Send personal and business parcels internationally with liability coverage. Ships to destinations not served by our Xpresspost™ — International service.

International Parcel — Surface
Europe: 1-2 months
Asia-Pac/Aus: 2-3 months
Africa: 2-3 months
S. America: 1-2 months

Send non-time sensitive personal and business parcels with liability coverage. Best value international shipping service for packages up to 30 kg.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

@dutchman48 wrote:

Manitoulin Island

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Did the buyer live somewhere remote? Rural or northern? 

The reason I ask is that the only times I have had a 200 g package cost me $18 to get to Ontario, it was due to the buyers being located in No Man's Land 123 Sasquatch Street. 

Postal code P0P explains the $18 cost. I can drive 20 minutes to The Town of Lockport or 45 minutes to the Town of Beausejour but it costs almost double to mail something there than it does to mail within the City of Winnipeg because of an R0E postal code. 

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

Off topic.  - Lockport. Skinners hot dog!  Mmmm

I used to spend my summers in St Andrews, you must not be too far from there.

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Off topic.  - Lockport. Skinners hot dog!  Mmmm

I used to spend my summers in St Andrews, you must not be too far from there.

Cool! I think we are of a smilier age too. Were you at Wet and Wild waterslide park the day a teenage girl come down and her top blew off in the whirlpool maelstrom at the bottom of the slide? That was me. Best. Day. Ever. (Not.)

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

Lol.

Nope,  I missed that.  It wasn't around when I was in that area.    We had to cool off in the Red River.....it was much cleaner in those days.  😎

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Ah, sadly the waterslide is shut down now anyway. It looks like a haunted ruin, excellent stage for a movie production of a demon-possessed theme park. 

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Looks like time has been running out for it for about six years now. . .  Smiley Frustrated

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2015/02/18/time-running-out-for-wet-n-wild.html

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

If I was a drunken teenager, I'd spend each weekend there.
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

Just a quick follow-up, as the item arrived today.

As expected (based on recped's earlier information about items passing through Mississauga), there was no Xpresspost sticker on the package so the "Expedited Parcel" that I saw on the tracking page was correct.
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

Intersting. 

Message 29 of 29
latest reply