Canada shipping fees

n0tx4l
Community Member

Hey guys,

I am a new seller here on eBay. I send my items from canada and looked at the price on Poste Canada and they are outrageous! 10.95$ for shipping an items of 15$. It doesn't worth the sell. There is a way to lower the fee and then offer free shipping to my customer?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Canada shipping fees

"10.95$ for shipping an items of 15$."

Canada Post charge its fees based on size and weight.  It does not know or care about the low value of your item.  You could put a $500 item in the same parcel and that could not change the postal fee if the weight is the same.

"There is a way to lower the fee and then offer free shipping to my customer?"

It depends on the perceived value of your item.

Is it worth $26.00 with free shipping?

or $21.00 plus $5.00 shipping charge?

or $15.00 plus $11.00 shipping charge?

Keep in mind that many low priced items are not worth selling by mail.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

Selling by mail is one of the most expensive things you can do. The cost is what the cost is.

What does $10.95 have to do with anything? Either the item is worth the total of $26 or it isn't. Couriers are the same if not more expensive.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

tobyshitzu
Community Member

The answer depends on where you live and whether you have the volume to make other options viable.  For most people asking  this the answer will be nothing you can do about it.  There are certainly many options cheaper then canadapost, from driving across the border yourself, using a reseller like eshipper, using a remailer like chit chat express, using a regional courier like dicom express (On/QC) or fulfillment by amazon that is looking better with each CP increase.  Bu none of them will work out for the odd low price item

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

If you can fit your cell phone cases in a package that ends up to be less than 2cm in depth, you can send them using lettermail within Canada and light packet mail to the U.S. and other international countries. There is no tracking or insurance on those services but they are the most inexpensive way to send smaller items.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

You can't send that case across the street for $8.64 as a parcel. To Whale Snot NL, as a parcel, it will be $14.50.

I know, there is no such place as Whale Snot. It is a euphemism. I know a few Newfies. They are hysterical and can see the joke in anything.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

@mr.elmwood wrote:
You can't send that case across the street for $8.64 as a parcel. To Whale Snot NL, as a parcel, it will be $14.50.

I know, there is no such place as Whale Snot. It is a euphemism. I know a few Newfies. They are hysterical and can see the joke in anything.

So you are saying that you know the case is wider than 2 cm.

Perhaps CP costs are more in Ontario but a small package like that could be sent expedited from central Alberta to most other places in Alberta for under $10 if using paypal shipping.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Canada shipping fees

People come to buy here on eBay.

and they adjust to the cost of shipping... something they do every year....

as Canada Post  rates do go up every year ... sometimes a little, and sometimes a lot

Message 8 of 8
latest reply