*** Canadian PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge ***

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hello PowerSellers,

This year, Canadian PowerSellers (excluding residents of the province of Quebec), will be eligible to participate in the PowerSeller Challenge Sweepstakes.

I will be watching the boards and look forward to your feedback on the sweepstakes.

Thanks and good luck,
Bugsy

Below is an announcement from the US PowerSeller Team:

*** PowerSellers: Take the PowerSeller Challenge – Earn Money Back and a Chance to Win US$1,500!***

Hi everyone…We're pleased to announce the PowerSeller Challenge! An exciting addition to this year’s holiday season. The PowerSeller Challenge celebrates your drive and determination, making it more rewarding than ever to grow your business on eBay this holiday season.

If you’re a PowerSeller, register now for the eBay PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes and receive your personalized sales target for the six week challenge period (November 15 - December 26, 2007). Your personalized sales target is based on your previous sales history over the last 12 months.

Grow your business – and earn money back!
Beat your personalized sales target and get 1% back. Get 1.5% back if your Detailed Seller Ratings meet certain thresholds – the difference between your target and your eligible sales during the challenge period. Plus, all participants will be entered for a chance to win one of ten $1,500US cash prizes!

We’re pleased to let you know that this year’s challenge considers your sales on eBay.com, eBay Express, Half.com, eBay Motors Parts & Accessories and eBay.ca in both the calculation of sales targets and eligible sales towards the target. The following listings are excluded: Live Auctions, Ad Format, Vehicles, Real Estate and Business & Industrial Capital Equipment. (Get full terms and conditions for the Challenge and official rules for the Sweepstakes.)

PowerSellers rank among the most successful eBay sellers in terms of product sales volume and customer satisfaction. We're proud to recognize and reward their success and significant contributions to the growth of the eBay Community.

Do you qualify to be a PowerSeller? It's not too late to join!
If you qualify to be a PowerSeller, but haven't yet accepted your invitation to the PowerSeller Program, it's not too late. (Learn more about the eligibility requirements.) We encourage you to join the program by signing up at the PowerSeller Portal. Members of the PowerSeller Program receive many benefits all year round including recognition and priority customer support. To participate in the PowerSeller Challenge & Sweepstakes, invitations to the PowerSeller program must be accepted by November 30, 2007.

Sincerely,
Edurne Jorda
Seller Development
Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

bugsy@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi webmistresskat,

All sales during the time period are included except for: Ad Format listings, Live Auctions listings, automobile and vehicle listings, real estate listings, and business & industrial capital equipment.

Thanks,
Bugsy
Message 41 of 51
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
Looked at this program and the numbers are unrealistic compared to the poor actual sales for 2007. What is ebay thinking when they came up with the targets to meet the program requirements. This is another program that many Canadian Power Sellers will never achive or meet the requirements set by ebay. Last years figures would have been no problem to meet the targets but year sales are still poor for this time of year. I highly doubt that anyone in Canada will see the $1500.00 carrot 😞
Message 42 of 51
latest reply

webmistresskat
Community Member
I don't understand what "ad format" is
but I assume items listed in my store as bins are included towards sales then.
thanks
Message 43 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
One day remaining and I ONLY need to sell 7,832.65!

Monique

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

One day remaining and I ONLY need to sell 7,832.65!

Should be a breeze Monique!!....:-)
Message 45 of 51
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
One day remaining and I ONLY need to sell 7,832.65!.....

:^O
Message 46 of 51
latest reply

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
I needed an additional $20,000.00 to meet this target. Come on !!!!
Message 47 of 51
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
This challenge is all screwed up. Aside from being insanely high, almost impossible goals and a ridiculously low 'win' it's numbers are wrong. It's telling me I need a certain amount.

Well for the 25 days in December I have already exceeded that not counting the latter half of November which puts me even further ahead of the goal and yet it still tells me I haven't reached the goal. WTF??

Something is very screwy with this. I think the folks eBay hired don't know how to add properly or something!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 48 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
There have been a lot of complaints that the numbers tracked for each seller were not accurate. Some people had their sales totals go backwards one day to the next.

Monique

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Yes I noticed that as well with my numbers. One day it would say I needed $180 and the next it said I needed $800 something while my sales had increased. Strange!

I emailed Bugsy about it and was under the impression that this was a 'unique' problem. I didn't think it was. Just eBay hiring incompetants again. :(

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 50 of 51
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Definitely not a "unique problem". I've heard the same complaint from a number of PSers.

Monique

Message 51 of 51
latest reply