Cheap method for tracking from US to Canada?

How can some US sellers ship with tracking for less than $15, and others say they have to ship priority to get tracking?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since the end of January, there is a new service called First Class Package international which does have delivery confirmation to some countries, including Canada. It seems that a lot of U.S. sellers aren't aware of the new service as there is still a service called First Class International which does not have del. confirmation.

Ultimately it is up to the seller which service they want to use just like it is up to the buyer to decide whether they will pay that amount or move on to another seller.. With First Class Package, I think that the seller can't buy insurance through USPS (although they can buy it through a third party insurance company)  so that's why some may prefer Priority Mail.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Yes I would also like to know the answer on that one.

From my understanding and having asked that question from some US sellers delivery confirmation can be added to first class in US for a couple more dollars. They came up with this a year or so ago.  Yet for practically the same item the next seller wants $30.00 and up and they insist on priority. I have learned to stay clear when I know they are overcharging..

I am not sure and want to see what others have to say on this.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Since the end of January, there is a new service called First Class Package international which does have delivery confirmation to some countries, including Canada. It seems that a lot of U.S. sellers aren't aware of the new service as there is still a service called First Class International which does not have del. confirmation.

Ultimately it is up to the seller which service they want to use just like it is up to the buyer to decide whether they will pay that amount or move on to another seller.. With First Class Package, I think that the seller can't buy insurance through USPS (although they can buy it through a third party insurance company)  so that's why some may prefer Priority Mail.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply