Christmas..Should I wait?

hockey_card_corner
Community Member
With the holidays almost in effect, should I wait to list more items? or would the holidays be an advantage with people off work?

Or is it a disadvantage? Most people have already spent hundreds of dollars getting ready for Santa...Will they have any money left to buy stuff on eBay??

I know the items I want to list will sell. Would it be wiser to wait awhile before listing?

Merry Christmas!
Hockey Card Corner
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The only way to know is to try!

Of course it would depend on what your selling but I have always found this upcoming week (just before Christmas) to be the worst time for auctioning. You're probably better off doing fixed price listings. Auctions ending right after Christmas though (and not on or before New Years) tend to do well.

Personally, I never have listings end during these weeks. At some point you have to take some time off too. This year I am relisting on the 29th, 30th and 31st for auctions to end a week after. If I have any time at all during the holidays, I'm going to work on those listings beforehand and do fixed price listings if I can.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would agree. Fixed price or store items would likely be a better bet. I do not do very many auctions anymore anyway, and only ever use them for a bit of exposure for the store FP listings.
If I could recommend something- Your hockey card listing is quite hard to understand- I find it best to list exactly what you are selling, with pictures corresponding to what is in the title only. You may be asking for bad feedback in the future or low item description DSR's(just my 2 cents). Also, as I used to sell collectibles on eBay a few years ago, I would recommend that you buy and sell your wares with two separate user ID's. It is much easier, and people can't easily reference what you paid for certain things that you are trying to flip for a profit. Hope this info helps, and again, just my 2 cents!! 🙂

AXE
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

hockey_card_corner
Community Member
Thanks for the input guys.. I don't use auctions much anymore either. Only a couple to promote some BIN listings.

As for the auction I have running at the moment. I've sold over 100 and no problems...everyone knew what they we're buying beforehand & I thought I explained clearly on the item details what I was selling. As for the title..everyone uses Key Words & there are Crosby/Gretzky Yzerman cards in the lots. There were over 300 lots & each lot is different so how can I list exactly what I'm selling.. The listing details gives buyers the idea & we go from there..

If I were to list 300 items seperatly it would take weeks to get it done.

Merry Christmas!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply