Closed

Had a booming weekend. All parcels out. Store is closed. Hoping like heck they get a deal signed before the weekend.

I am going for beer.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Closed

I'm putting my store on vacation at Midnight tonight. I could care less if the strike last until August........

I'll be paddling (to the sea) in my canoe............

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Closed

@recped wrote:

I'm putting my store on vacation at Midnight tonight. I could care less if the strike last until August........

I am planning until July 30th. I have to get back on my house renos and I have the eBay convention in Las Vegas the last week of July.

I have enough to do without working and selling.

I think I will adopt your action and make it my metaphor: "I will be paddling in my canoe". I like that.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Closed

I remember that book!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddle-to-the-Sea

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Closed

I'm gonna relist my listings for a few days on July 19 just to keep my listings alive so that they don't disappear after 60 days lol. If I do get sales during those few days (and CP still down) then I'll pop by CCE once. 

Otherwise I already ended my listings on Saturday because I was too busy with work that I knew I won't have time to mail anything today. 

Off-topic: I mailed a book on June 21 and my UK buyer already received it today. I like how outbound mails are still fast as usual 😃

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Closed

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I remember that book!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddle-to-the-Sea

I remember the NFB adaptation, too!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Closed

Yeah, had the book when I was little kid and saw the film when it came out in 1966.....highly influential.

My trip will be starting not too far from where the boy in Paddle To The Sea lived, his little canoe floated south to Lake Superior and then through the Great Lakes to the St. Lawrence and on to the Atlantic Ocean. I'll be going northeast and ending at Hudson / James Bay, that water eventually also makes it's way to the North Atlantic. This will be my tenth trip that ends somewhere on Hudson Bay, 3 trips starting in Quebec, 5 starting in Ontario and 2 in Manitoba. in addition I've done 6 other "paddle to the sea" trips (rivers that end in salt water).

https://www.nfb.ca/film/paddle_to_the_sea/

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Closed

Me too - I shut "er" down. luckily I got my last personal purchase in the mail yesterday.

Got the other knee to get renewed -  so back in Oct/Now depending on recovery.

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Closed

There's always lots of gardening for me to do, and R&D for my designs.  This could be a positive thing. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Closed

As much as I am suffering from eBay withdrawal, not being able to check for sales, I still have plenty to do.

I am moving all craft related lisitngs from .ca to .com now that I have 1,000 possible listings, it takes a long while.

Then I need to go through as many listings as I can and make sure they are still listed, and some that should be listed but have somehow disappeared.

Gardening to do also, very small amounts at a time.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Closed

rosscd57 -- Knee replacement? Do the physio!! and Vitamin E oil is very helpful in reducing scarring.

I've closed my Stores, either ending listings or putting Stores On Vacation.

It suddenly occurred to me that item On Vacation are still charged as listings if they are over the 250(?) Free Listings I get with my store, so I actually ended a lot of them to get below that number.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply