Do you sell less since few month

As eBay changed something in data base, did you found that you sell less.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Do you sell less since few month

Yes, down more than 50% than my average.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes, since March 2014, USA buyers don't see our Canadians objects for sale. They see them only after they see all USA objects for sale. That's look like local protectionist.. For many adds, they see this message : We are sorry but the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipping restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

That's the first I've heard that. What specific items of yours are they seeing that message?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hi. I had World Paper Money Banknotes. I sold them for 8 years without any problem. During this timel, I mailed 20 to 30 orders every weeks in a Premium store. But since Marck 2014, my sales drop down to 5 orders a weeks. It was not anough to maintain Premium store at $59. So I get back to Classic store at $19, but after 2 other months, I had to close, because my sales was only $20 a month and the classic store was $19. For 8 last years before March 2014, I sold and paid $135 to $150 for the store and the fees, but since March, I don't sell anough to maintain a classic store at $19. After check up with my custumer, I realised that USA buyer don't see Canadian (or French-Canadian) objects. Since March 2014, they only see USA adds.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Most of the time, the USA buyer see this advise :

"We are sorry but the item you selected may not be purchased due to Seller shipping restrictions, country specific import/export or other relevant restrictions."

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Here is what creates the problem.  You are offering on eBay.ca items that are prohibited from importation in the USA by the US government.

For example, recent;y you sold a banknote from Burma (Myanmar)  Those items are prohibited on eBay.com.  That is why your American customers cannot see the listing and see the "restriction" message from eBay.

Please take a look at: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/embargo.html

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Hi. Last 6 months, I did't have theese pieces, but all others pièces for Egypt, Belarus, Croatia, Nicaragua, etc were not prohibided, and they don't see them. Anyway, if you try to search for : Burma, Cuba, Korea and Syria,  you'll find a lot of seller who sell them and you'll be able to see them.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I called eBay support dozen of time and I talked with them many time on direct chat to check my visibility and they never talk about prohibed countries. They always gave me some bad reasons

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I am sorry, but I gave you some informations on pièces from  Myanmar (with the number) who are sell by USA sellers. They also  sell pièces for : Burma, Cuba, Korea and Syria, etc, and they sell without any prejudice. So, it is not surely the reason why my pièces was not visible in USA.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This is just a wild guess but in the past I remember buyers who were complaining that they would see the message that you mentioned when looking at specific items that are allowed to be sold in Canada. I hope that someone will correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that for some reason ebay thought those buyers were in France because they had their settings set to French in Canada. Those particular items could not be sold to France.

I checked a few of your listings and at least some of the Burma and Korea ones were listed on cafr.ebay.ca so I am wondering if your problem is similar to their problems.

I could be totally wrong but you might want to try listing those items that you have had problems with on english ebay.ca  Perhaps something was accidentally changed in the programming in the past few months and your problem is the result of that.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi. Your right, I thing the problem come from french-canadian translation and the France. And since March 2014, when I realize that could be possible, I put some on eBay.ca, and some other on eBay.com. And probably because some objects was still on ca.fr.ebay.ca, the problem was still on.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

This topic has been locked for going off topic and posting information about member or listing violations.

Please remember to review the Usage Policy.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 13 of 13
latest reply