Does anyone with a Store STILL have their CATEGORIES?

Mine were flaky on the weekend and are now completely vanished. I'm not the first to raise it; any thoughts?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Clarification:

Does anyone with a new Store still have their Categories? Those sellers still running the previous (old) Store model don't seem to be affected. I'm going to look at the dotcom boards and see what I can find. 

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I can see all the categories in the left panel of each listing of yours that I checked.  However, only the "other" category shows on the store front page.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Oh, and I have 66 Store Categories (including sub-sections) so only the first half show in the listing frame on each item listing. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

My mistake. I have 51 Categories including SubSections. When you go to my store now, it looks like I have 66 items available. 

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 4.54.43 PM.jpg

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

OH HO HO, I wonder if this has something to do with someone at Command Central getting Seller Store Categories mixed up with Site-wide Product Identifiers. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

"Command Central getting Seller Store Categories mixed up"

If that were correct, it would apply to all stores.  I have not noticed this problem at all.

We also know that eBay loves to put blame technical problems on browsers.  In this case, I tested your store front page on three browsers: Firefox, Chrome and MS-Explorer and all have the same problem.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

"Command Central getting Seller Store Categories mixed up"

If that were correct, it would apply to all stores.  I have not noticed this problem at all.

We also know that eBay loves to put blame technical problems on browsers.  In this case, I tested your store front page on three browsers: Firefox, Chrome and MS-Explorer and all have the same problem.

Ah, yes. You're correct. (As usual!) Thank you for taking the time to check the different browsers for me. I know that ebay is already 'aware' of this problem as other posters on the ebay.com boards have said that they have called into Customer Service to report it but what else do you suppose the affected Sellers can do to expedite a fix for it? Is there some magic number of logged calls that automatically prioritizes a problem for faster attention? Or is that impossible for us to know. (It's also been reported as a Site Issue on the eCommBytlog.) 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

"Is there some magic number of logged calls...."

Unfortunately, eBay no longer looks at "technical problems" or "glitches" as a priority.

Fifteen years ago I could report those problems directly to Maynard Webb the then COO and president of eBay Technology.  Today... nobody cares.

Your best bet is to try the Weekly Board Hour next Wednesday.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Groooooooooooooaaaaaaaann. 

I was itchy and twitchy to do it today but Board Hour was cancelled. I would *hope* that it's resolved by next week. If not, I'll do as you suggest. Thank you again. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Read this topic on eBay.com forums and there may be a way to fix it.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/I-do-not-see-my-store-categories-listed-on-the-left-hand-sid...

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Read this topic on eBay.com forums and there may be a way to fix it.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/I-do-not-see-my-store-categories-listed-on-the-left-hand-sid...

Thank you. All is right with the world again.

Well, not really.

But the Store Categories are back as they should be for me. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply