Duplicate listing policy does not apply to everyone?

Check this item: 151073993740.  He has it listed 47 times.  How sweet!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Each listing is different because each one ends with a different number in the title. I think it is only a duplicate if the title is exactly the same.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Each listing is different because each one ends with a different number in the title. I think it is only a duplicate if the title is exactly the same.

That could be why they haven't been caught by the bots but it looks to me like each listing is identical and that they are just trying to fool the system.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
That could be why they haven't been caught by the bots but it looks to me like each listing is identical and that they are just trying to fool the system.

Totally agree that they are identical.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

We come across this quite often and it always raises my blood pressure a tad. I have had items pulled "duplicate listing violation" that were actually not the same product. Then I see vendors like this that are totally spamming the market with their crap. The bots are supposed to be able to look passed a slight variation in the title to recognize that it is a duplicate. If you want to clean things up, take the time to report listing violations. It should be a level playing field for everyone.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Identical refers to the listing title ONLY. it has nerver referred to the widget.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Of course its the item.  If it wasn't everyone would spam the hell out of ebay with duplicates by changing a word in the title

Cannot list duplicate items in the fixed price format (or with BIN added to auctions).  It would be alright if they were auctions without BIN though probably a serach manipulation violation for adding the different numbers which would prevent ebay from hiding the dupes without bids

Fixed price dupes have to be listed as single multi quantity listings.  But being there are still piles of listings with payment method violations still out there I wouldnt hold my breath for ebay to do anything about it (nor waste my time reporting them)

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

So, if you have a thousand of an item you can only list one at a time? Wrong. When I used to use the same title, in error, eBay advised I used change the title or list it as a multiple.

Duplicate listing policy refers to identical titles. You cannot have identical titles. If you want want to list more than one, eBay tells me to change the title.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

If you have 1000 of an identical item you can either list a single 1,000 quantity fixed price listing,  and/or any number of auctions(without BIN)  which ebay will only display one that doesnt have a bid.    You are declaring people wrong left and right (eg not being able to revise auctions thread) while not knowing the policies at all.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"Sellers can't have more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time. "

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-multi.html

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Duplicate listing policy refers to identical titles. You cannot have identical titles

That isn't correct. You cannot have identical items. Toby's link is quite specific about that.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Yes I totally agree

Message 12 of 12
latest reply