EBay Bucks

Has anyone noticed that Ebay Bucks are sky high?

That is, I'm looking at a $50 item and ebay bucks are at about $12.

If you're gonna shop this would be a good time for it....... :).

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay Bucks

I'm looking at a $25 item and ebay bucks are $10.54.

Is this a mistake?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

I think it was a mistake because now everything is back to normal.

Maybe it was a very short promotion?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

Nope...... it's still there.  Newly listed items have sky high ebay bucks.

Start Shopping.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Id click to expand the box below it before I start shopping...

Bonus Offer! - Extra $10 eBay Bucks w/ BillMeLater on 1st purchase + 1% ALL MONTHBonus Offer! - EXTRA 1% in eBay Bucks with BillMeLater ALL MONTH Bonus Offer! - EXTRA 1% in eBay Bucks with BillMeLater ALL MONTH

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

No, that's not what it is.

Some items have ebay bucks the way I described above.

I can't see any pattern to it and it has nothing to do with Bill me Later.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is no longer there now.  I saw 2 items that I bid a few hours with so high eBuck and I just checked them, it went down to nearly nothing as usual.  I think it was an error on eBay's end.  Darn!!  I would love to earn that high eBucks!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

It's a mistake.

A few days ago I did a buy it now on a used DVD ($1.99 plus s/h).  The Ebay bucks were listed as $10.04.  After clicking through once, the confirmation page said that I'd get $10.04 Ebay bucks again.  Then I did the buy it now, and only AFTER I did the purchase did it show I earned 4 cents (i.e., the regular 2% deal).

Anything showing an extra $10 is a mistake. 

I'm sure somebody somewhere will cry "false and misleading"  and talk about a class action lawsuit, lol.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

PS: at the time I made the purchase, the "details" section was a blank link.  There was no disclaimer.  But now they've added the disclaimer that the $10 extra bucks is only if you use Bill Me Later.  But you get $10 ebay bucks the first time you use that service anyways.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

I know.  I thought it was some kind of promotion......... Geez....... we deserve it!

I think they've pretty much fixed it now, but for some items ebay bucks were crazy hi for a while.

There was a glitch where they messed up the ebay bucks and bill me later promotions.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

EBay Bucks

In case anyone hasn't noticed, Ebay Bucks really is at 5% today.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply