Ebay Holding Funds-Say Im Not Uploading Tracking But We Dont Get Them w Regular Mail

I have been having all my funds held for 21 days ,and this has been going on for about 2 years. Every time I have called to enquire or complain ,I have been told that its because one of my dsrs is down slightly, like about 2 % below standard. I have always thought this was completely outrageous, since I have never had a case where I didn't provide a refund in the rare case that a buyer has a complaint with a purchase . I have always assumed it was a way for ebay to invest MY money to squeeze every last penny of profit from me that they possibly can. Anyhow yesterday I phoned to complain that funds from several items weren't being released even though my buyers left positive fb ,and this has been a regular occurrence, which I always have to waste my time,and the agents time to phone about and get taken care of. They are also supposed to release the funds when I do add tracking info and it has shown the item delivered, but they NEVER do, so of course that really ticks me off as well. This time however the agent told me the reason they were holding my funds is that I haven't been uploading tracking #s to my items after I ship them. I told them that's because I don't get tracking #s most of the time because here in Canada we only get them with express or tracked packet,which is expensive,and tracked packet isn't even always available to some countries leaving express as the only option available for tracking. He said that this is the policy ,and that nothing can be done. I said "so most Canadian sellers are having their funds held? because Im sure that other sellers don't use the expensive postal services all the time either" he said " yes that's right".  Therefore I am just here to try to get to the truth of the matter ,and any advice is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay Holding Funds-Say Im Not Uploading Tracking But We Dont Get Them w Regular Mail

"try to get to the truth of the matter ,and any advice is much appreciated."

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that American sellers listing/selling on eBay.com have easier rules to access their PayPal funds than Canadian sellers. They do not always have to wait 21 days to access their money.

The rules for Canadian sellers are "21 day hold" period.  Unless you ship from the USA with tracking, there is nothing eBay or PayPal will do to remove that "21 day hold" until your DSRs have improved.

Here is a link to the policy on eBay,com; http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment_unavailable.html

and on eBay.ca: http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html

Advice: Patience.  Do whatever you can to improve that low DSR.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Ebay Holding Funds-Say Im Not Uploading Tracking But We Dont Get Them w Regular Mail

Im sorry but I really do have a hard time believing that my dsr ,which is for "item as described" could be about 2 % lower than average for so long. Every time I asked what it was it was always the same about 2 % below standard. I just think this is way to much of an improbability to be true since it is this constant over a TWO YEAR period. There is not even anywhere on the site that I can view the numbers myself making it all the more look like Im just being fed a load of bs. I grade very well ,as well as I think I can,and have gotten many comments that I sell very high quality items,and that they are even undergraded at times.  Again though,as I said I have never never ever had a case where when the buyer had a problem that I didn't give a refund right away,so what gives them the right to hold all my money when there is no evidence at all that I am a potential risk . I have been on ebay since 1999 and I think that after that long I should be getting a little bit of confidence from them ,since I am also a power seller,and a "top rated" seller to boot.  Anyhow as I said NOW they are changing their story completely and its no longer about my low dsr its simply because Im not uploading tracking info,but I have a feeling that the agent just maybe doesn't understand the whole complicated and convoluted situation.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I also should have pointed out that I was being told that it was my "global" dsr that was down,and that my Canadian and US dsrs are fine.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

"its simply because Im not uploading tracking info,but I have a feeling that the agent just maybe doesn't understand the whole complicated and convoluted situation."

That is correct, as noted above.  The agent is answering the question as if you were an American seller listing on eBay.com and shipping from within the USA.

"I really do have a hard time believing that my dsr"

Have you taken the time to test your DSRs? Try different periods and for different locations.

For more information about DSR reports:  http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/seller-reports.html

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

thanks very much for the helpful linki/advice. It doesn't say where to find the "create report " button though

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

From your Dashboard, you will find a link at right "See your Reports" (under Transactions) - in the "Seller Performance Numbers" box - next to "12 months 12/01/12 - 11/30/13"

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I also suggest you prepare Reports from your Seller Dashboard on both eBay.com and eBay.ca - you will get a slightly different picture.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply