Expedited USA dimensions not working?

Some reason today when i try to use paypal canada post shipping tool it wont let me use expedited USA parcel. Says Not valid dimensions..   my size is 9x6x4 INCH  4LB   . I tried a bunch of different sizes but still not. I have used this method many of times before with the same size.

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

I'm having the same problem, whether I use metric or imperial dimensions.  And the Canada Post shipping tools on their website aren't working for me either - the error there is that I have not filled in a required field which is actually filled in.

Message 2 of 142
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that it is now becoming worse and worse!!  It happened to me today and I gave up and had to use other mail service.  Still no Tracked Packet available.  What a horrible way, depiste of all those technology and still can't do it.

I think the problems is that someone was doing the mainteance that is causing the problems.  I never understand why those people need to do some mainteance when it is not broken?  Or is there any reasons that they need do some maintenace from time to time?  Anyone knew why?

Message 3 of 142
latest reply

Message 5 of 142
latest reply

Should have looked here after my first bout of frustration...thought it was me? changing dimensions etc. what the heck!! So they changed some format last week my labels were printed with bar codes missing & the post office says to me I should get it fixed man are they lazy! had nothing to do with my equipment..so now the are fixing it & now I can't keep my 1 day shipping promise ...whatever....this show is just getting crazier by the day

Message 6 of 142
latest reply

I hope ebay/paypal don't ban or suspend themselves for all the negative feedback..... oh wait, it's OK for them to just apologize....cause everyone makes mistakes. 

Message 7 of 142
latest reply

Pierre,

Both of the announcement links you posted refer to a problem with tracked packet service, which is a different Canada Post service all together.  The issue now is with Expedited Parcel - USA.  As of last night and still as of now 3pm EST I still cannot print a label through Paypal with this method as it gives the same error the OP posted.  Invalid dimensions for the class selected.  However no matter what dimensions you use it won't work.  Expedited Parcel Canada works fine just not USA.  

I called Paypal about it and they said they were getting other reports of the issue so it is system wide.  

My guess is when trying to fix the Tracked Packet bug and they screwed up the Expedited Parcel USA shipping method in return. 

Hoping they fix it soon as the rates are lower when printed through Paypal then through Canada Post EST. 

Message 8 of 142
latest reply

"Both of the announcement links you posted refer to a problem with tracked packet service, which is a different Canada Post service all together."

I know.  eBay has always been very slooooow to post announcement about problems.

Message 9 of 142
latest reply

"I know.  eBay has always been very slooooow to post announcement about problems."

I was not aware of that but then not really surprised.

If anyone is interested I can confirm that printing these labels through Canada Post EST works fine, so it's just a Paypal/Pitney Bowes issue..  

Message 10 of 142
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonder if I can use XpressPost via PayPal Shipping and then later be reimbursed for it.  I always use Expedited Mail for USA and now I cannot.  They are over 500g, therefore, cannot use small packet Air.

And for your information, please don't tell me to go to the post office to do them as I am mobility limited with various health conditions and rely online 100% like PayPal Shipping to purchase shipping labels.  Another thing is that all $$$ is in PayPal Balance and I am not going to wait at least 1 week for $$ to go to my bank account and then have someone else to come to take them to the post office for me (sometimes not happening for 2-3 weeks not ideal for eBay dealings) and then ship them way much later.  Nah.

The other option is to use XpressPost and be remibursed by eBay/PayPal.

Message 11 of 142
latest reply

Wonder if I can use XpressPost via PayPal Shipping and then later be reimbursed for it.  I always use Expedited Mail for USA and now I cannot.  They are over 500g, therefore, cannot use small packet Air.

And for your information, please don't tell me to go to the post office to do them as I am mobility limited with various health conditions and rely online 100% like PayPal Shipping to purchase shipping labels.  Another thing is that all $$$ is in PayPal Balance and I am not going to wait at least 1 week for $$ to go to my bank account and then have someone else to come to take them to the post office for me (sometimes not happening for 2-3 weeks not ideal for eBay dealings) and then ship them way much later.  Nah.

The other option is to use XpressPost and be reimbursed by eBay/PayPal.

?????

Small Packet Air USA has a maximum of 1 kg. Weight classes are 250 g, 500 g, and 1 kg.

Light Packet USA has a maximum of 500 grams and must be under 2 cm thick. Weight classes are 100 g, 250 g and 500 g.

No offense intended but how do you sell on eBay when you post daily in these forums so much misinformation and mistakes about Canada Post shipping rates and PayPal shipping discounts?

As for being reimbursed by PayPal for using Xpresspost, highly unlikely it will happen no matter what your personal circumstances are. Again no offense interned by this comment.

Message 12 of 142
latest reply

Same problem here in Manitoba...cannot ship using expediated usa parcel with paypal/ebay shipping....I just get a error message about dimensions....called Canada post, they say it's paypal, call them....so I called ebay, and was on a conference call with ebay and David from paypal shipping...no answers, just told me to try using history, click on transaction details, then print shipping label...I get the same problem...he was supposed to call me back at 3pm my time....never got a call....just tried shipping again....same problem....I sure hope EBAY posts a message to all my customers and explains why their shipments will be late...I'm going out of town tomorrow...I sure hope it works by then.......I won't even get into the tracked packet fiasco....based shipping prices for some items with that service, now they have sold, and I can't use that either. Very disappointed....now I remember why I quit selling for a few years before....

Message 13 of 142
latest reply

Xpresspost USA works , but i wasnt going to pay an extra 15$ or so for it. I tried again expedited like 10 mins ago but still same error.

Just go to canadapost.ca  and use their ship in a click tool. No discount , but it works and saves me from filling out papers at the post office.

Message 14 of 142
latest reply

still not working for me... still get the same message. when is the techie coming to fix this? did they send him by canada post?

brad in edmonton

Message 15 of 142
latest reply

I sure hope EBAY posts a message to all my customers and explains why their shipments will be late

Although I'm very frustrated too that paypal shipping if not working right, it really isn't fair to make your customers wait as you can use canada post to print the label or go to the post office. Plus, no one knows when this will be fixed.

I had to go to the post office yesterday to buy tracked packet for a package to the U.S.as expedited wasn't working. Tracked packet at the PO ended up costing the same as if I had bought expedited through Paypal.

Message 16 of 142
latest reply

I need to return an item, but PayPal isn't working again. It's bad enough I have to return with DC, if I have to go to the Post Office, I'll have to pay FULL price on Expedited since Tracked is not an option (more than 1 kg).  X-( X-( Please eBay solve this problem ASAP!!!

Message 17 of 142
latest reply

I made my call in report the problem yesterday afternoon, at that time I was advised that 40 other people have called in to report the problem. As much as it is a pain to be put on hold and transferred many times, in my opinion they are less likely to fix anything unless a high number of reports are made. ( I don't hold my breath on that, but what more can be done?)

I too was told that they are working on it and will receive an email...blah blah blah...

Fingers crossed that they fix this one fast.

Message 18 of 142
latest reply

I called today, but I will be at the post office doing the old way today can't wait any longer

Message 19 of 142
latest reply

working now, of course just came back from p.o used small packet instead of expedited ...arghhh

Message 20 of 142
latest reply