Feedback

I just purchased three items. Not one seller left me feedback. They are waiting until the transaction is finished before leaving feedback. However, if a buyer purchases your item and pays within minutes of buying item then they have completed their end of the deal and should be left positive feedback. Why are they waiting? It's not like they can leave negative feedback. I don't get it.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Feedback

Feedback is voluntary.

Most sellers leave feedback for their buyers; fewer buyers leave feedback for their sellers.

Frankly there is little value in the feedback rating today.  It used to be relevant, it no longer is.

While I agree with your statement that sellers should be leaving positive feedback immediately upon receipt of payment (I have done it for sixteen years), reality is, once again, that feedback is voluntary and sellers and buyers are free to leave feedback if and when they feel like it.

Do not worry about it.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

And some sellers like to use feedback to give the buyer useful information, like date of shipping or the service used.

Are you buying stuff or are you buying approval.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

What time line are you talking about? - minutes, hours, days, weeks?  Most sellers do not sit at their computers 24/7, checking to see if anyone paid them.  Some sellers leave feedback immediately, or when the order is shipped.  Some sellers set aside a time each week or month to send feedback for recent transactions.  Some sellers consider that the deal is not done until the purchase has been received and approved.  Why are you in such a hurry to get feedback?  As you point out, it's not like sellers can leave negative feedback.  Feedback means absolutely nothing to a buyer, unless you are buying in order to build up feedback (perhaps you plan to sell in the near future).   It can matter more to a seller, because having some positive feedback gives a seller some creds as being a serious seller who delivers what they promise.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

Some buyers, thankfully rare, turn out to be scammers and pull all kinds of nasty tricks on sellers down the road. It's a tough call, and I really do appreciate where the OP is coming from, but I prefer to wait until the transaction is truly completed and I know my buyer is satisfied before leaving positive feedback. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

I am expecting the feedback to be use as intended. I purchase, pay immediately and then get positive feedback as I have kept up my end of the bargain. There is nothing left for a buyer to do, so why withhold the feedback?

As for buying approval...if eBay didn't set up the feedback system then I would not be requesting it.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

@amethyst1415 wrote:

I purchase, pay immediately and then get positive feedback as I have kept up my end of the bargain. There is nothing left for a buyer to do, so why withhold the feedback?

Nothing left to do?  The BUYER still has to RECEIVE the item and find it ACCEPTABLE.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

Feedback is just another Ebay joke. They remove it whenever they want. I won an item and the shipping was screwed up either by Ebay or the seller anyways i got tired of arguing so i paid the price the seller wanted. The seller then refunded me costing me conversion costs and refused to sell it even though i paid the price the seller wanted. Ebay did dick all. So i left negative feedback and Ebay just removed it. Complete joke.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

So if the item is not acceptable they can leave me negative feedback...no they can't. I've done everything I am supposed to do as a buyer.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Feedback

Except get the item and find it acceptable.

Which you can confirm to the seller by leaving feedback.

I leave feedback on shipping, but I am also selling in categories where buyers tend to be detail oriented and read the listing carefully (readers, philatelists, seamstresses).

Other categories are more fraught.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply