Free Gifts

I have read the eBay policies but I was wondering how to take all of the buyers names who have purchased something from me (once a month) and draw a name for a free gift.

The policies state that you cannot offer a free gift IF YOU BUY my item but what about if I do this not because you have bought my item but because you were ONE BUYER who bought an item.

For example in my listing I could not put "Buy this item and receive a free gift" but COULD I put at the bottom of every listing "Once a month I draw a name from everyone who has purchased an item to receive a free gift"

I'm not telling buyers they will receive a free gift... I am drawing a name and one buyer will receive a free gift. Is this allowed or does eBay still consider this unfairly trying to get people to buy my item over someone else?

If I am not allowed to put it in my listing am I allowed to do it without telling buyers? For example, every month I draw a name and send the buyer a free gift (and in the package explain that their name was drawn to receive a free gift) but the only ones who know are the ones who have won?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Free Gifts

@stouffvillejen wrote:

Edit:  no, no, I was wrong!  it's "listing practices", "other listing practices", "chance listings".  It can be done, lol!

Yes, that's exactly how I reported it.  So eBay will get a raft of reports on these violations -- good.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Free Gifts

Ebay wants us to report listing violations but does not want us to list the number of a listing with a violation. Gee that makes sense.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Free Gifts

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Ebay wants us to report listing violations but does not want us to list the number of a listing with a violation. Gee that makes sense.

Yes, doesn't it?  Rather stupid, I completely agree. 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Free Gifts

Your not allowed to post about your finger wagging from the moderator so watch out for another finger point.. LOL

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Free Gifts

How about We make this a community event and post the listing itself ... That seems to keep within the guidelines...

Let's call this event is it right or is it wrong shall we ...

I never got to see the item or the seller because I got to this thread late BUT we can make this a community event ... They use the word Event so with that being said to quickly define the word

something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, especially one of some importance.
the outcome, issue, or result of anything: The venture had no successful event.
something that occurs in a certain place during a particular interval of time.

I say this would be defined as an event and follow the guidelines of ebay  ...

Guideline
You can generally advertise an eBay listing that is directly related in benefiting a community project, but you can't post the item number or a link to the listing.

So How do you generally advertise the listin without item number or link ... I guess copy and paste the whole listing that would fall under the guidelines as of right now ...

Message 25 of 25
latest reply