Free Listing Day?

llee2
Community Member
Anyone try to list something on .ca yet?

I just listed an item with a starting price of $1 US and no free listing day. Charged me the regular $0.30 and no credit shows on my account. Had a whole smack of stuff to list under a buck but now it's not going to be worth it.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
Email carly@ebay.ca . She posted the notice on the CTS board advising of the promotion. (don't know why no one from Ebay didn't post a similar notice here though).

Jeff
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
Sorry, that's carly@ebay.com

Jeff
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
Oops.... seems they are having techincal difficulty. According to a later post by carly@ebay.com she states that offsetting credits will be issued shortly, they are trying to resolve this technical difficulty.

Jeff

PS - Appears they are more interested in getting the new fee structure up and operating before they spend time giving anything away.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
To view the post on CTS...

http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=7&thread=100003058&modifed=20040108120639

Carly's response is #34.

Jeff
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
So llee2... get posting buddy and lap up those credits later.

Jeff
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

ospreylinks
Community Member
Reading more into the free listing.... (and I stand to be corrected). Ebay actually set up their system to allow listings of less than $1.00 to be listed free (that's right up to $.99) and then sent out promo advising it was up to and including $1.00. So everyone who grabbed the extra $.01 is being charged, however an offsetting credit is to be made.

Jeff
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

jacquelynm
Community Member
Well as long as I receive the credit eventually I won't get nervous! I did read it over about 8 times to make sure I was right when I didn't see the credit show up. Thanks for the info.
Jacquelynm
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Free Listing Day?

rd1000
Community Member
Anybody ever receive their fees back?
Message 9 of 9
latest reply