Free eBay shopping spree

Have a customer from Israel, who claimed non-receipt 1 month after the shipment. His FB page shows 5 INR negs out of 25 FB given and there is at least 1 revised FB.

He gives his FB approx 2 months after transaction. What is happening in 2 months ?

I contacted 5 recent sellers who got a positive from him if they happened to get INR dispute from this buyer and so he did.

It seems this guy is shopping eBay for free. Please disregard my former advices to ask your buyers to file a dispute for documenting delivery problem - it's just a waste of time as eBay / PayPal seem not to detect the pattern of excessive disputes.

There is no solution for this except demanding from our government that post office implements proper inexpensive international tracking or sells registered mail for reasonable cost, like Hong-Kong post office does. How much labour it takes to scan the barcode in 21st century? It cannot be worth $11 (= more than 1hr minimum wage in Ontario).
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Free eBay shopping spree

chivalryincanada
Community Member
Sounds like the lady I had this week ... Ebay seems to love and accept mail fraud
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Free eBay shopping spree

runwaybliss
Community Member
I agree. I have the same INT problem occasionally. I normally look-up the feedback profile when feedback number is low or shipping address is outside North America. Look at the feedback they left to others by 200s, if there has been any problem with past purchases, don't ship unless you can ship with tracking. Cancel the transaction and refund the money. It's not worth the headache. I would rather cancel than waste my time shipping the package and not get paid at the end. Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Free eBay shopping spree

Another dispute from Spanish customer.

The FB given gives certain hints, he leaves some FB 1.5-2months after the sale and seller do not leave him FB. This indicates something was going on, so I contacted 5 sellers that show this pattern.

First one came back:

Dear Roman,

Yes, we have same experience with you.

This customer bought 2 items from our store and sent a dispute to us around 15 days ago.

We refund his money with amout of $18 and put him to our black list customers already.

Regards,

This dispute was placed 5 days after the first one. What is going on with people?

I am not sure what to do, we "know" these people are scamsters, but officials will tell us it's a civil matter and deal with it yourself. There is something terribly wrong with eBay and the world.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Free eBay shopping spree

In this case I have 4 other sellers who were scammed by this buyer recently and responded so far.

I would not send this if I did not have serious suspicion, but just sent this letter to the buyer:

Hello Alex,

I checked with several sellers you purchased from and it appears you filed many "Item Not Received" disputes and yet continue buying on eBay.

Until now 5 sellers agreed to sign petition against you and forward it to eBay, PayPal, FBI, central Israeli police, police in Nesher, Israel and also Interpol and raise complaint about suspicion of mail fraud. Be advised that mail fraud involving postal system is a serious offence in many countries.

I am one of the sellers who signed the petition. We keep contacting more of your former sellers and more of them possibly sign up.

We prefer to resolve the issue in civil manner and agreed to give you 7 days to deal with situation. However, if we do not hear from you by May 17, 2010, we will start mailing and faxing the petition to institutions above.

Best regards
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Free eBay shopping spree

Two buyers got the message above from me.

Customer from Spain closed the dispute within 30 minutes after the message withou any word. Customer from Israel got cheeky, trying to convince me he really did not receive several items in a row, that they were a small value items and I have too much time on my hands, I should have used tracking, blah blah.

I told him that even mail has no public tracking, there are postal and customs records, which can be used for postal investigation, his address must be a black hole and and he has till 17th for lost mail from 5 sellers to "show up" and I do not want to receive any more emails from him.

I am tired of all scam. Not long ago there was not so many INR claims per year than now per month. Customers do not realize although we cannot leave negative FB, sellers can communicate with each other, we have their home address and sending a fax message to 10 organisations costs only 5 minutes longer than to one.

eBay and PayPal are definitely not doing their job, I would say they actually indirectly encourage customers to become thieves, that makes them what? An accessory?
Message 6 of 6
latest reply