Free listings - do stores get invitation?

I've been receiving roughtly once a month invitations for free fixed price listings since i've closed my store. I don't recall having those invitations when i had a store. Is that coincidence or do store owners also get invitations?

Latest invitations March 4 - 8 for 7.5k free fixed price listings.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Free listings - do stores get invitation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the stores do received the free listings promos.  I got the free promo for March 4-8 for non-seller and seller accounts.  Although I would like to receive the free listings promo for auction-style formats for the sellers, the last time was June 2012 which is way too long.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That seems to be the pattern in the last nine months:

1) Some (not all) sellers without an eBay store are invited to both auction and fixed price format promotions

2) Some (not all) sellers with an eBay store are invited to some fixed price listing promotions.

There does not appear to be any difference whether the seller ID was first registered on eBay.com or later on eBay.ca

Why some sellers are invited and not others has never been explained by eBay and I do not expect eBay ever will.  They have their own criteria and they do not share the information.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I am greatly appreciative to those who take the time to post on this forum notifications regarding selling promotions.

I received neither an email nor an eBay message regarding the latest week-long (Auction with free subtitles) selling promotion - yet when I checked my SYI form I noticed that I was rewarded with zero insertion fees for up to 7500 listings.

Many thanks...  I am certain that I would have not noticed otherwise.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply