Free shipping - Extra discount for PS

Since we already got notified of changes to be implemented in Mid June, am I to assume the extra PS discount for free shipping will expire at end of June?
Or do you think they will just make a separate announcement? What is the consensus? Or did I miss an update? Thanks.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

The "effective June" announcement does not cover promotional efforts.

Currently, PowerSellers get "free" sub-titles and double FVF rebate when offering "free shipping". The original promotion ran to December 31, 2008, extended twice to June 30th.

Will eBay extend it again? Too early to tell.

The extension from March 31 to June 30th was announced on March 4th. Check the http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200903041438042.html

The earlier extension from December 31st 2008 to March 31st 2009 was announced on December 18th. Check the http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200812181208312.html

I wish eBay would give sellers a bit more time to plan our marketing efforts. However, this is eBay and seller support is not something they are very good at - as we all know.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

"I wish eBay would give sellers a bit more time to plan our marketing efforts. However, this is eBay and seller support is not something they are very good at - as we all know."

Yes, that is basically why I am asking. I've been offering free shipping and seeing numerous benefits. But I am also buying items that are small & light to take advantage of reselling them and offering free shipping. So it would be nice to know in advance, so I can change my purchasing if necesary.
So maybe we will ge an update 2-3 weeks before the deadline...maybe first week of June or so.
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

PowerSellers get "free" sub-titles and double FVF rebate

Double FVF rebate? So if I am 15%, I should see 30% back on my f/s listings?
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

PowerSellers get "free" sub-titles and double FVF rebate
>
> Double FVF rebate? So if I am 15%, I should see 30% back on my f/s listings?

Yes...they double. It really adds up!
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

"So if I am 15%, I should see 30% back on my f/s listings?"

Yes, I have been getting 40% rebate since July last year. It does make a huge difference. 🙂
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Pierre I did not check, too busy selling, but thanks for pointing this out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I logged in today and see than my owing balance is lower than I expected, so checked the invoice and found it 🙂

15-May-09 03:00:00 EDT PowerSeller Discount: You Saved 15% on Final Value Fees This Billing Cycle Discount -C $90.22
15-May-09 03:00:00 EDT You received double your Final Value Fee discount on items sold with free shipping Discount -C $47.65

With relisting and other credits there was approx $200 in credits for the last 30 days. I am not really sure if the possibility to see credits was there always, but it's nice that one can filter it out and see credits only. The 155 page invoice is kind of hard on the eyes.

I have been kind of experimenting last 30 days, so my eBay fees are way higher than they used to be (worth it, btw) and I did not pay attention to credits and discounts so much. Once got frustrated about it when they switched me from 15 to 5 one time at the day of billing and then just ignored the whole thing since then

Cool !!!
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

"With relisting and other credits there was approx $200 in credits for the last 30 days"

Want more credits? 😉

Try to get your DSRs to 4.9 (you are so close!) then the credit jumps to 20% (and double that on "free shipping")

Then get some referral credits for purchases resulting from a link on your website (worth about $100 a month for me).

Every little bit helps!
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The discounts quickly ad up and are certainly worth it. From our April invoice:

Date (PDT) Discount type Amount (USD)
30-Apr PowerSeller Discount: You Saved 20% on Final Value Fee This Billing Cycle -$259.62
30-Apr You received double your Final Value Fee discount on items sold with free shipping -$46.84

That's 300 bucks just for giving what we consider "normal" customer service.

We only run a few BIN with "free" shipping but it's worth it especially in view of better search placement and customer perception.

Bernie
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

"and customer perception"

That's what selling is all about! 🙂
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Monsieur LeBel is one of the few sellers that "get it"; hence he does really well - congratulations!

Bernie
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Want more credits?

Pierre thanks for advice. My website brings approx 30-35% of total sales, rest is from EB. Some customers frown upon EB (it does not have best name), so I will not tie the two together. I deal with factories and one of my suppliers said they would not sell to me if I offer their items on eBay. I guess they do not need to know 😉

I am probably not as loyal eBayer as others, it's just a sales channel, nothing more. I appreciate the kickback, though, makes me wanting spend more 🙂 Just to push it little further, not much really, and I should get account manager. I wonder how that helps. With one of my North American suppliers the heaven's gate opened once I reached enough volumes to be assigned account manager.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

one of the few sellers that "get it"; hence he does really well

I am hoping I am slowly getting it too 🙂 It takes money to make money. Don't be afraid to spend, you either learn something new or make more 🙂
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I've been trying to run almost everything with free shipping, the store items have it built in and the auctions I generally hope for the best. Generally the auctions I run go higher enough to cover the fact that shipping is built in (my auction items aren't very heavy). March was $154 discount, $154 free shipping, April was $142 discount $134 free shipping. While I'm having more troubles than Pierre keeping my DSRs all above 4.85 (April was a very close call!) so far so good! I'm certainly noticing an almost $300 discount each month, especially since it isn't so far costing me anything to generate it, I'm hoping that they keep extending the free shipping discount deal!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply