GSP Tracking question

Hi guys,

I bought an item on the 5th September and it was posted on the 6th September using GSP to the UK.

I managed to track the item all the way to the Global Shipping Center, where it arrived on the 8th September:

Thursday, 8. Sep. 2016 4:59 AMERLANGER , KYArrived at Global Shipping Center
Thursday, 8. Sep. 2016 3:58 AMCINCINNATI , OHIn Transit-Arrived at USPS Destination Facility

However since the 8th, it's been stuck at Arrived at Global Shipping Center. No processing, no customs labelling etc. 

My quesstion is, how long does it take to process and label the package for shipping to the UK?

I've looked about online and most peoples have been processed and sorted within a few hours of arriving, yet mine sits in limbo? I've never used GSP before, so i'm hoping my first experience of it isn't a bad one!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

GSP Tracking question

Sorry everyone, i didn't notice this was the Canada community, i'm new to the boards and for the GSP posts through Google.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

GSP Tracking question

However since the 8th, it's been stuck at Arrived at Global Shipping Center.

Well no.

That's where the USPS confirmation of delivery ended.

Now it has moved to the GSP/Pitney Bowes system which is less transparent, but which does exist.

The main thing to remember is that the GSP is a Seller Protection system and tracking does not move your purchase any faster nor does it insure the package against damage.

Both delivery and damage are covered by the eBay (and Paypal) Buyer Protection policies.

Your parcel was (probably) on a truck headed for an international flight within 12 hours of arrival in Erlanger. It may already be in the hands of the Royal Mail.

Here is what happens for Canadian buyers. It may be helpful.

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

GSP Tracking question

Your parcel was (probably) on a truck headed for an international flight within 12 hours of arrival in Erlanger. It may already be in the hands of the Royal Mail.

It would be good if Royal Mail were the UK delivery option, but only Canada gets mail delivery with its familiarity and reliability.

In the UK it is a company called Yodel that does the national delivery, and they have a mixed reputation in Britain.

They are about the cheapest courier service in the country. They do this by recruiting just about anyone as a delivery driver, the delivery is from the driver's own car or van, and the driver gets paid a small sum per delivery.

The only way to earn a decent wage is to deliver very fast. A good driver will do a good job, they will follow the correct protocol when the recipient is out which is to leave the item in a safe dry place and leave a card detailing exactly where, or to leave the item with a neighbour, again leaving a card saying who has the item.

This all takes time to do properly, it's a lot quicker just to leave the thing and move on, so this happens. If they paid the drivers wages, they probably do a better job, but that would make the costs higher and destroy the business.

However, do not despair, UK poster, most stuff turns up OK, and you can claim on the MBG if it does not.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply