Glitch eBay.com & eBay.ca when searching in a store . Can't chose "Include Description" !

Hello.

This glitch is new since a couple days maybe and it's doing it on the US and Canadian site so all the part number that you have enter where it should don't do nothing because you can't find them using the search button.

Even in the regular search , let say main page using the option "Include description" some of my item don't .

I have no idea where to send this question because I haven't find anywhere on eBay a place to report "site Glitch".

[img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii573/mpcv2000/EasyCapture1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii573/mpcv2000/EasyCapture2.jpg[img]
Martin.
Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Glitch eBay.com & eBay.ca when searching in a store . Can't chose "Include Description" !

Wednesday not Thursday. rolleyes.gif

Martin.
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

I will keep calling in as well. Will try and call today. Seems to me like every ref #, ticket #, email, call, is not being recorded or filed. Every time we call back nothing is there. 

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Everytime I call they never give me a ticket number and I ask for it.

Don't give up , we have to call daily.

I'm very surprised that only 2 person in North America are aware of that issue . rolleyes.gif

Martin.
Message 23 of 48
latest reply

I reported this topic and your issue in the eBay weekly session this past hour. eBay said they would look into it.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/April-30th-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/229380

See posts 14 and 22.

I hope this helps.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Thank you... very much appreciated.

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

Thursday May 1st 2014 9.03 am EDT .

Ok today took me 25.18 minutes to explain my issue and believe it or not the person was not aware of it. rolleyes.gif

So I'll be calling back tomorrow ( again ) . upset

Martin.
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

Seems like we may be getting some results. I called in just now and told them I have called numerous time regarding items specifics not showing in search results without having to explain myself. She said there were four other callers all ready today about the same thing and they have pushed it to priority 1. Less than 2 min on the phone. Nice to hear for once they know there is an issue and it is being pushed. For future calls just say you are calling regarding item specifics not showing in the search results, straight to the point. 

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Good.

This feature is extremely important so it has to be back on .

I rarely insert OEM part number in my title or the description itself because eBay suggest us to insert them where they belong saying their search engine will catch them ( like it did for many years ) and it makes cleaner listing too.

Martin.
Message 28 of 48
latest reply

May 5th 2014 .

19 minutes on the phone again.

I had to start all over and no one were aware of that glitch .

I'll be calling back tomorrow.

rolleyes.gif

Martin.
Message 29 of 48
latest reply

It's almost a full time job calling eBay everyday.

It's partially working but still , all the stores ( including mine ) do not have the "Include description" feature anymore .

This is what I use before listing a item so that way I can make sure I don't already have one listed + all my parts people at the counter use the same feature to check our used inventory so now to check if I have item "XYZ" they have to go on the eBay main page a do a search including "Include description" and they see everyone who has the "XYZ" item and they have to dig into that to find if one of the store is ours.

At least we see that someone is working on that but I still have problem to understand why this feature disappear in one day and take weeks just to have them realized this feature was a very important tool for sellers & buyers and did I say my sales went down right the first week this glitch appeared ?

Martin.
Message 30 of 48
latest reply

I called back in again and got the opposite assurance that the issue regarding item specifics not showing in search results. I am getting really **bleep** off wasting my valuable time to get the run around every single time. One day they are aware of the issue, next day they are not.

Not sure we are both on the same page... The "include description" was eliminated from ebay.ca and ebay.com

The issue I am most concerned about is the fact that item specifics are not visible in the search results or stores for all sellers on ebay.ca yet sellers on ebay.com are still benefiting from the feature and the results. I might as well go hit my head against a brick wall because the result would be the same, a massive headache!!!!

Message 31 of 48
latest reply

I don't know why a feature so important that was working perfectly for many many years gets removed and no one at eBay give a ()*(%^%$%^ about it .

If I can't find my own parts in my store using OEM part number inserted where eBay suggest us to do explain me how a retail customer will  . dunno.gif

It's hard to call them everyday and stay calm over the phone because it is very annoying repeating the same story over and over to their customer support staff and everytime they tell you they were not aware of it .  gree

Martin.
Message 32 of 48
latest reply

It seems that the sellers who have the new 'upgraded' store style do have a search in titles and description box.   http://stores.ebay.com/affordablecoinsandbullion

I wasn't sure whether or not the same would be true for stores originating on .ca but when I click on preview store at the following link, my store shows as having that box as well.

http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/update/

If you update, you would need to change the shape of your logo as the new logo box is square.

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

Thanks. Clears up the search by title and description problem.

There is still the major issue of item specifics not showing in search or store results.

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

After upgrading to FireFox 29.0.1 a few days ago, some of my "Followed Searches" completely seize my browser to the point of having to shut it down, clear my cookies & cache then try it all over again.

I read some of the same issues on the eBay US boards. Users there are blaming company servers which I have to agree with. It also happens with other browsers, too according to others.

Time for eBay to allocate more bandwidth!

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

I just switched to the new store and 1st example I took it doesn't work but yes the feature is back ( Search in Title & description ) but result = "0" .

See listing #

eBay item number:

EasyCapture1.jpg

EasyCapture2.jpg
Martin.
Message 36 of 48
latest reply

That's odd as it just worked for me.

storesearchpartsnumber.jpg

Message 37 of 48
latest reply

Funny.
It is now working.
Maybe I did my test too quick after switching to the new "updated" store     dunno.gif

Martin.
Message 38 of 48
latest reply

Maybe!

I love the gif..how did you do that?

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

Took from a local forum where I hang out .

It's top secret tho.

biggrinjester.gif

Martin.
Message 40 of 48
latest reply