Gold coin sold

Sold a 1914 Gold coin last night # 151861004059 for US $34,599.95. The buyer has a 0 Feedback and just became a member this month.

Anyone what's to start a pool on weather the buyer pays or not ?

(i smell an unpaid strike coming up)

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Gold coin sold

I think I'd be more worried about what happens after they pay.....
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Three words to weed out the itchy-finger types: Immediate Payment Required! 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Great Sale & Good Luck you may need it on this sale. I think I would be happier if he did not pay.

You are allot braver than I am selling a high price Coin like that.

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

With an item of that value, I'd want a uniformed member of the RCMP to deliver it on my behalf as a seller. Or armoured truck. What is the destination of coin, and how will you send it so that you are protected against any myriad of fraudulent claims by your brand-new-to-ebay no-feedback buyer? 

All the same, CONGRATULATIONS to you when payment arrives. Even if it doesn't the sale looks still good on your account. 

Best of luck. Fingers crossed for you.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

I don't have $46,000 items for sale (noticed that's in US$).  I don't think I actually even own any single item valued that high.  (Other than my house of course.)

Some of my best buyers have low or no FB.

I think that immediate payment required is a mistake for most items, especially expensive pieces.

When I buy a high priced item I like to let it sink in for a few days but I always pay so I'm not surprised there's a delay.

Could also be getting his/her ducks in a row to pay.

How do you ship a $46,000 coin?

Sounds like someone might be getting a nice Christmas present.

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

I'd have to liquidate everything in my inventory to be able to ask that price. The FVF on this item. And fees to Paypal! Wow. Just... wow.

I dearly hope this goes well for the Original Poster. As to my advice for IPR on an item like this, it's rhetorical because I don't actually have IPR on ANY of my listings because I offer Local Pickup as does this seller. The two are mutually exclusive and they don't have to be since it should be possible for the Shopping Cart to determine the buyer address and if it's not anywhere near local overridden but apparently we can't program the cart to behave that way, I asked.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

"The FVF on this item. And fees to Paypal! Wow. Just... wow"

Not really.

FVF maximum is $250 (less than 1% of value)

The seller indicates in the listing that payment must be made by mail or at time of pick-up.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

By mail. A banker's cheque? Certified. 

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

For a $45,000 item I'd use Escrow and no paypal.

The actual act of shipping itself might cause a little anxiety but only because we're all a little neurotic about it and tend to imagine the worst.

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

I've never had to even consider escrow. Selling an item of this value is a foreign land to me. 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

The only thing I have that is worth that much, is me, dead.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

HA!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Congratulations and good luck!  I hope everything goes well.

I would have no idea how best to ship this; however, I'm thinking at least the buyer can't claim it was broken on arrival.  And if it were to go missing, I guess insurance would cover it .... hopefully.

I have family in Eastern Europe and they have warned me about customs officers who, because they have so little themselves and work for peanuts, they are very "tempted" to intercept valuable items.  One of my cousins in Edmonton who, when he ships parcels to his family, always includes two identical items -- one for the customs officer and one for his family member.  A sad state of affairs.

Anyway .... not to rain on your parade.

Again, I hope everything goes well.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Ho just to spice it up a bit more, the same buyer bought a lesser value gold coin 2 days ago #191734589804 and no communications at all.

You just got to wonder what some people are up to. Good way to spice up the week!!!

Unfortunately i don't have a second of the same coin to give to the delivery milk man, Ha Ha!!!

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Maybe they just won the lottery and are starting a collection of gold coin and bouillon for their soon-to-be built Pirate-themed mansion. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Just for the fun of it, i google the person's address and i hope they have another location to build the mansion since right now where the buyer is, is barely enough room for the trailer. 

Don't know, we shall see!!!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Well, that does not bode well. Maybe they're planning to stuff their mattress with pure gold coins? 

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

Not with this one, its already re-listed.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Gold coin sold

you might want to end the Relist  and relist it again, unless you meant to change to Canadian funds
Big difference in final price.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply