Has anyone purchase from today?

Has anyone purchase from  today? Seems like nefarious activities going on..

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Has anyone purchase from today?

arif920629
Community Member

I purchased an android TV box just now. Mistakenly clicked on his listing instead of another one (which is cheaper, and has more favorable feedback). What should I do if i got scammed?

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Alot of the stuff look too good to be true, is it really a scam? what happened?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Look at the feedback. Almost all of the recent ones are negative. 

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

i did buy a item from that seller we just have to wait him to send the item or response. i hope its the real deal 

everybody is leaving negative feedback but the seller has not sent the items yet 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

yad_m12
Community Member

I just bought a smartphone, I didn't see the feedback until I bought it. But I don't think it is possible for someone to have that quantity of items. He sold more than 236 Galaxy S4 on an hour and the posting id from like 3 AM. I hope e-bay personnel look into the situation. 😞

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Today was a holiday in most of Canada, and it looks as if the mods and bots were out skating or tobogganing or just watching the figure skating on TV.

Most of you will be seeing a note tomorrow from eBay about how these sellers are Not A Registered Seller and that you should not pay them.

Don't panic.

Go to the Resolution Centre up on the right under Customer Support and file a Not As Described dispute. In the text box say that the seller is NARU.

You should have your money back fairly quickly.

And repeat after me "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

I also bought a Glaxy S4 😞

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

abid172
Community Member

i bought like 3 galaxy s 4's if it is a scam he just ruined china's Ebay reputation

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Do we have to wait until March 10 to see if our orders show up or can we file our claims now? I mean I want to believe

like the next guy this stuff is going to show up..but reality is starting to kick in.Thanks

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I found amazing deals on Samsung phones and a GoPro camera.  I thought it was likely that the seller listed very low due to not understanding conversion rates or something.  Anyhow, I paid for 2 phones, then I got an email that they were 'removed' from auction.  I think that consumer law specifies once there is an offer of goods and services, and acceptance in the form of the buyer agreeing to pay or paying, that the items must be delivered.  Call it a 'Stupid Tax' if a seller lists dirt cheap and loses money, that is not our fault.  But given that many items were listed for $20, I think it's likely that they know full well what they are doing and are just being dishonest. 

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

he just ruined china's Ebay reputation

That boat sailed many years ago.

We're not thieves. Well, we are thieves.-- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I think that consumer law specifies once there is an offer of goods and services, and acceptance in the form of the buyer agreeing to pay or paying, that the items must be delivered.

EBay removed the listing because it was a total and utter fraud. If you had sent money you can recover it through the Customer Support-Resolution Centre.

Mention that the item was pulled and you should get a quick refund.

And you are wrong about consumer law. If there is fraud involved, the transaction is void. What makes you think Canadian laws have any validity in China? Even Chinese laws have no validity in China.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Was looking- I recently have received a purchase and the item was nothing like the posting- One of the listers says "you will get the exact item in the photo". I overpaid big time- am becoming very nervous of some of these postings. I see also that our postings are not just between us either- getting paranoid over that as well!!!

Caroline

The earrings I got- a crack down the middle of one and not even set in the silver. Cost me 8.30 to return and haven't heard from seller yet.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

yOu can try but it will only tell you that there is a certain date before you can apply.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

As femme says often and it's SO TRUE:

And repeat after me "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

abid172
Community Member

Day 18 Still no S 4 Going to wait 3 more days ..... Has anyone else Recieved Anything at all from this  
After he was Removed from ebay ?

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

i did make a clam and i get a full refund on paypal 

Good Luck!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Oh for heaven's sakes!

This was a criminal who took your money and disappeared.

There is no widget. The whole thing is a fraud and a scam.

EBay finally woke up, closed the crook down and is willing to refund you.

What part of "File an Item Not Received Claim and get your money back"  do you not understand? You only have 45 days for this.

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

"I overpaid big time- am becoming very nervous of some of these postings."

Carol, my question to you is WHY??? Unless you've got money to burn, and even if you have, who would buy anything and know they've overpaid??  Just asking.......

Message 20 of 20
latest reply