Hello 22/02/2012 I bough keyboard was defective

bas777andriy
Community Member

Hello 22/02/2012 I bought a NEW Sony VAIO VPCM121AD VPCM121ADL VPCM121ADP VPCM121ADW VPCM US KEYBOARD silver # 180797434556 From: justrisk4us. The keyboard was defective and I sent it to the seller 04/05/2012. 14/06/2012 seller wrote me that he had already sent me a different keyboard. Today 27/08/2012 I have not received the key. All my letters seller stopped responding. It was more than 90 days and lot closed What do I do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

scifan57
Community Member
Unfortunately after 90 days, neither eBay nor PayPal can help you. The dispute and feedback deadlines are long expired. You had the bad luck to be taken in by a scammer who had no intention to send you a replacement unit. His intention was to delay you until it was too late to open a dispute. Your only hope for a refund is if you funded your PayPal payment with a credit card. If you did, call the 1-800 number on the back of the card and request a chargeback. Have all the transaction details ready when ou call. Make the call immediately as even credit card chargebacks have time limits which may have expired.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Hello 'bas777',

When you buy, you have only 45 days to file a claim for a return or refund.  You only have 60 days in which to leave feedback to tell others about it.  Sadly, you have missed both deadlines.

So if you paid with a credit card you can try for a chargeback, but otherwise there is nothing that can be done.  It is a very common story from new people with little ebay experience.  For future reference, read through the following link about what to do if something goes wrong:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 3 of 3
latest reply