Help please...neeed pic hosting info quick!

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Hi Everyone,

Can any of you reccomend a pic hosting site that is as inexpensive as possible, while still not going offline so much? I have one free pic hosting place, but lately they have been down a heck of a lot, and it is affecting my sales I think. I would like to balance price with reliability, and come up with a decent solution. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

There are plenty of cheap hosting packages available these days even under the $5.00/month which offer enough storage for thousands of images.

I use www.godaddy.com, think they have a 50MB package for US$3.95

Ben

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I have used DGT web for a few years now. I have 100 MG of space, if I remember right it was $200 US for 2 years including my domain name. They've been pretty stable. I actually use space on my ISP as well, one should always have more than one webhosting option! Here's the DGT link

www.dgtweb.com
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Thanks guys! I will check both of them out.

Take care,

Jaqui

Gem Am I

The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth. -Ram Dass

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

spidersportsgoods
Community Member
check out www.mecca.ca
they give you 80mb for CAD$ 5.95 a month.
their support is terrific.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

llee2
Community Member
www.ranchoweb.com runs just $10/year (not month) for about 1MB of image space (about 25-50 photos). You can get 20MB for $5.95/month if you are hosting a lot more pics. Great support and reliability.

www.ripway.com is free and gives 30MB. I haven't had any problems with ripway, although you must log in at least monthly to keep your account active. Their sister site, www.villagephotos.com once shut down all their free accounts with no explanation, so I'd stay away from keeping too much there.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sparedollar.com costs US$5 per month and includes 50mb image storage, listing templates, post-dated listings and a host of other options. I've found their image hosting to be very reliable. Free trial month, free month referral bonus ...hint 🙂

Ann
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

coastwindchimes
Community Member
I highly recommend inkfrog. Their full package is something like $12.95, but you can sign for just image hosting for somewhere around $5.00. For a couple of years they have provided me with the very highest quality service-- very dependable too! Also, any questions etc. get answered in minutes, usually. Great service.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

gem-n-i-gemstonz
Community Member
Wow, yet more options! I ahve been checking them all out, and I thank you all! I REALLY appreciate your help!

I am so busy this month, but will try to get back here as often as I can. I am also in the midst of finding someone to set-up & host my website for the wholesaling side of my business, which must be finished by August 3rd or 4th, in time for the gift shows. I am still trying to get lower pricing on a couple of components for some new products I am starting to manufacture, and want those to be ready for the same time(packaging has already been printed, but I want to lower the cost/retail prices).

Then of course in the midst of this I see that lately the free hosting service I had is suddenly on/off every couple of days. I used to have my stuff with villagephotos.com. Luckily, I had noticed that they were poopin' out on me quite a bit, and had started to use the new service before they shut down...there were only one or two pics left with them when it happened, so it wasnt so bad for me.

Anyway, I will get back in here as much as possible, and thanks once again for your help!

Take care,

Jaqui

Gem Am I

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi Jaqui!

I use Imagemagician.com
You can check they different plans online.

Never had a problem with them.

Elaine

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 10 of 10
latest reply