Help required regarding Buyer Complaint - PayPal Potential Chargeback

aabros
Community Member
Hi everybody,

I need help with a Buyer Complaint - PayPal Potential Chargeback. We found out that the buyer uses a different e-mail address. His email address registered with this complaint is different than the one on eBay. Here are the details:

Apr-23: End of Auction
Apr-23: Buyer pays with PayPal (Confirmed Address)
May-01,02,03 We e-mail the seller 3 times requesting his telephone number for UPS purposes. We are unable to retrieve his number so we use the eBay request contact information service.
May-05: We ship with UPS and provide buyer with tracking #
May-10: Buyer files complaint with PayPal for Non-Receipt
May-13: Buyer received item via UPS.

Now the buyer doesn't retract his complaint, even though he has receive his jersey from us. We have proof of delivery from UPS. The buyer claims that he e-mailed us 3 times for tracking # but we have never received any e-mail from this 30-feedback buyer.

Upon calling and e-mailing PayPal, they keep on telling me it's "under investigation". I don't get it, UPS shows the item has DELIVERED. What investigation? There is nothing to investigate - the buyer received the item and it's been signed by *****.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could do. This buyer has never returned ONE e-mail since the beginning of this transaction. If we lose this case, the buyer will have our money and our jersey. If this will be the case, we will press charges against the man.

Thank you for your help everyone, we appreciate it.
Anthony
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

coastwindchimes
Community Member
Why don't you give him a phone call? If the number from eBay does not work, you can have him booted off eBay. If it works, maybe a little chat will help clear things up. As far as PayPal, 'investigation' may not be as evil as it sounds~ perhaps it just means they have not gotten around to looking at the case, and once they do, will find in your favour... on the otherhand, who knows with PayPal. Tim.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Tim;

Thanks for the input. My manager just called him this evening. Once again, nobody new anything about it at the number. Maybe they are related somehow with the Gomery Commission! ]:)

Anyway, PayPal has closed down the case and buyer will not have credit over this chargeback, since we have proof of delivery direct from UPS.COM. You gotta love them.

Thanks,
Anthony
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

audioshack
Community Member
Anthony, please consider reporting this user to eBay for having invalid contact info. You might remove one more scammer from the marketplace as a result.

Glad it worked out for you.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Audio: I sure will. However, he apparently lives there but he's never there ?! ?:| The man I spoke with on the phone told me, as usual, that he would forward the message this him. ]:)

Anthony
Message 5 of 5
latest reply