Help, somehow I bought the same item twice?

Somehow I managed to buy the same item twice by accident. I only wanted to purchase one. I'm not sure what happened, I hadn't used paypal in a while and i have 5 million web passwords. I guessed the wrong one a few times. I gave up and got them to email my password reset. I got my password reset, and went back to previous tab where it said "return here when you have your password and want to pay"

I was trying to go throuhg with checkout. It was redirecting me to another "paypal forgot password" thing. I figured it was just being wonky. I went back to ebay, my ebay, tried to manually pay for my item.

I NOTICE THE ITEM IS BOUGHT TWICE. And I can "request total" well it was a complete accident and I do not want to pay twice and don't know how it happened.

What should my next steps be? I immediately contacted the seller after searching ebay for "cancel double purchase" returned nothing. I asked them politely to go and cancel the second purchase but I don't know if (A) they can do that or (B) whether they will.

So far I haven't paid. I'm just not sure what to do next, please advise, thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help, somehow I bought the same item twice?

Don't know how it happened ~

Well, if it was shoes - the babysitter did it!

Beware of kittens with red bows, bullies in bandannas, and whining broken records.

€ Lucifleur

~Lucifleur
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You did the right thing. A polite and apologetic note to the seller asking for a Mutual Cancellation of the extra purchase allows her to refund your money, after which you agree to the MC, leave positive feedback (Very helpful seller with good communication!) and leave Five Star Detailed Seller Ratings. She gets her selling fees back on the transaction and also leaves positive feedback.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

windapp
Community Member

I have to agree with reallynicestamps.   Even though you are shopping online, you are still dealing with people.  If you accidentally rung through an extra item at the grocery store, and politely said that you handn't intended to purchase both, they would just cancel the sale and keep going.  For buy-it-now purchases, it really isn't any different.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The seller did the cancel purchase thing, I am very thankful, I payed promptly for the actual item I wanted with the second canceled. I will definitely leave great feedback like I always try to, but I am especially grateful for the sellers great service and quick response. I am glad it was resolved so quick. You have a point windapp, I am just still a bit new with online shopping and was worried "what if they aren't responsive? what if they decline my request? do they even have tools to decline a purchase? etc". Luckily I was just being paranoid, it was resolved in less then 24 hours so I'll be giving the seller A++++ as many times as I can 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Heres feedback for you to leave them 😉

especially grateful for the sellers great service and quick response

Message 6 of 6
latest reply