Hey Aussies, in here

chuk_77
Community Member

Just trying out a topic while our boards are down Woman Very Happy

♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫♫♥♫♥♫
Message 1 of 156
latest reply
155 REPLIES 155

Re: Hey Aussies, in here

maybe it was only me who could see it ...though there was no way I could ask nor anything that indicated if others could see it too.ie;public,friends only ,no one below my email address 

Message 141 of 156
latest reply

No one can see your email address, only you, if you have the settings set to default.......... I got a poster to check for me, so I know it is right, and besides that, Chuck already said, not one can see if you have your settings set to default.

Message 142 of 156
latest reply

I didn't have anything set,didn't sign in here ..I came via the Community drop down box .Afterward I set my preferences and I could no longer see my email address .

Message 143 of 156
latest reply

what have you got your settings set at?

I googled ebay Canada and signed in with my ID and password, now when I sign in I click where it says that and my ID comes up automatically.

So, I am more or less signed in all the time now on this board.

Message 144 of 156
latest reply

I have my preferences ,privacy settings set to all the I can see now when I click on my id...I don't see my registered email address now

Message 145 of 156
latest reply

There are 3 listings.......1. friends only, 2 NO ONE, and default, which is NO ONE......

Mine is set at default, yesterday there were a couple of times that I couldnt see my email address, but today I can see it.

As long as you have it set to NO ONE, you should be right.

Message 146 of 156
latest reply

it does now ...it didn't when after I checked the settings.Maybe it does depend if you are signed in here or via ebay ? As Katy said preferences go a bit off if not signed in here .

I'd like for something to show beside the email addy that indicated if others could see it or not 

Message 147 of 156
latest reply

That sounds good.I can't see yours btw

Message 148 of 156
latest reply

I checked yours and cant see it, so if I cant see it, no one can, so I wouldnt worrry too much about it, just check your setting now and then.

Message 149 of 156
latest reply

I'll do that.I was a bit angry with myself for not checking the settings first and panicked to think others could see my email address which is now defunct .Past experiences add to the panic.I should learn to check everything .If it was noted that no one else could see it it may save others some of those fears .

Message 150 of 156
latest reply

Purple, it's a pain, but we had to do that in the old format at CS didn't we?  

Hey, Iza and Az and everyone.  It's so nice seeing familiar "faces".  

Well, they've tidied up the Last Post to show the id of the last poster ono the thread.  I'm pleased about that.  It was annoying to open up a thread and find that the last poster was ME!!!!!

Can someone send me a private message, LOL, I want to check that out. It can just be a "hi".  TVMIA 🙂

Message 151 of 156
latest reply

Thanks for the message ... I replied ... but not sure if it got through ... weird system here.
Message 152 of 156
latest reply

This board seems almost quieter than the Aussie CW board used to be. Do you also have problems with over-active bp'ers here? Cos that's what crashed the Aussie board.

Message 153 of 156
latest reply

On reflection, I think the word "seems" was being charitable.

Message 154 of 156
latest reply

What happened at home?  

Message 155 of 156
latest reply

CS is back.

Thanks to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 156 of 156
latest reply