How cold is it where you live?

You can get a "weather sticker" thing from wunderground.com.

Reporting in from British Columbia:

Find more about Weather in Vancouver, CA
Click for weather forecast

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: How cold is it where you live?

I couldn't be paid enough to live on the prairies.

Photobucket
Message 21 of 49
latest reply

Well actually I live in the boreal forest. No prairies here.

And you couldn't pay me enough to live anywhere else 😉

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Most people have no idea how many lakes and forest that part of the country has. It's gorgeous!

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

@my3dotties wrote:

Yah baby

Find more about Weather in Tempe, AZ
Click for weather forecast 

Extremely happy I will be back in desert on the 1st with this artic air on its way east

Yah baby

W1

Beware of muffin bakin cellulite packin hot flashin dogmatic fibbin braggard nana's
Message 24 of 49
latest reply

kashka
Community Member

Gonna be a little fresh in Manitoba tonight:

Tonight, 30 December Clear. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light near midnight. Low minus 38. Extreme wind chill minus 49.

Message 25 of 49
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Tonight, 30 December Clear. Low minus 38.

Tuesday, 31 December    Increasing cloudiness early in the morning. High minus 29.

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

@nan*55 wrote:

Tonight, 30 December Clear. Low minus 38.

Tuesday, 31 December    Increasing cloudiness early in the morning. High minus 29.

A little "fresh" in the Gap,too..eh..;)

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Very "Fresh". 😉

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

This week we share this little ditty...   🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_I1v9P3kZY

Message 29 of 49
latest reply

So much for so called global warming. Bet the polar bears are happy.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 30 of 49
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

At the moment (3:21  central time) it's -30.7.

Just came in from outside and it's "crisp". LOL

Just add a extra layer and life goes on 🙂

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

Still cold here,too..All this about the weather made me spend my day fixing up my weather station site..Thanks! (it needed to be done..lol)

http://www.mts.net/~kashka/index.htm

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

Here in London we have our first of the season issued "cold weather alert". Currently it's -16C/3F.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 33 of 49
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Lisa that is great!!! How did you go about doing that?

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Here we go again.

Wind chills near minus 40 overnight into Saturday.

A storm system near Minot North Dakota this afternoon is bringing a large swath of snow across Southern Saskatchewan today. This system will continue to track into Eastern North Dakota today bringing increasing northerly winds and poor visibilities in snow and blowing snow this afternoon mainly over Southeastern Saskatchewan and along the American Border. The area of snow will gradually slump south into the United States by evening.

The greatest snowfall is expected over Southeastern Saskatchewan where 10 to 15 cm is expected towards the Manitoba border. Winter storms warnings are in effect for these areas. Further west 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected south of the transcanada corridor to the international border..But increasing northerly winds to 60 or 70 km/h this afternoon will produce extensive blowing snow with local whiteout conditions at times. Travel will become difficult on area highways. Conditions have improved along the transcanada corridor however gusty northwest winds may still produce locally poor visibilities in blowing snow into this evening.

Snow and blowing snow will taper off this evening as the storm system pushes further east. However much colder temperatures will move in through tonight into Saturday. Wind chills of minus 40 or lower are likely across central and eastern sections of Saskatchewan overnight into Saturday. Wind chills will become even more extreme Saturday night into Sunday across all of Southern Saskatchewan with values likely approaching minus 50.

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

Why global warming science is nothing but fraud

http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/03-12-2013/126293-global_warming_fraud_science-0/

Nothing could be closer to the truth than right now! Meanwhile Suzuki and Gore are basking in glorious sunshine on some foreign island tipping Coronos.

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

Nan..I always wanted a weather station and took a chance on a cheap one on ebay..Then,ironic enough,I was snowbound one winter and decided to to teach myself basic html and put it on line.I found a great free program online from a guy in Quebec and after lots of frustration (between the html and his english online translation) got it going..lol.It was a great learning experince and what else do you do when you are snowed in 🙂

And we got some of that storm system today..not a whole lot of snow here but enough to make the roads interesting..now back to deep freeze they are saying..oh well..it is the prairies..:)

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

Oh and Valve..we are having a typical Canadian conversation..the weather.I don't need see any need to bring in the debate about climate change and ruin the thread..I believe the thread was an inquiry about weather conditions across our fair nation.

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

Canada, it is, what it is. We have some weeks with lots of snow, other weeks with very little. We have ice and rain and freezing rain and freezing cold temperatures and thaws and everything else in between depending on where you are on any given day, because this is Canada and it is, what it is.

My grandmother use to say "we have the really bad days, so we can appreciate the really good days".

Photobucket
Message 39 of 49
latest reply

This may warm your heart but nothing else during these polar bear days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU

Message 40 of 49
latest reply