How do i track a store category?

How do you track categories in an eBay store. Looked high and low, and can't see it for looking! Any help appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

What exactly do you mean by "track"?

Do you want to see how many members view your active listings within a specific store category?  or how many items were sold within a specific category?

The Selling Manager (active) gives you the ability to screen all listing within a specific category. Is that what you are looking for?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

On selling manager pro, there is a category that is headlined "Store Categories I'm tracking."

I thought: Hmm, that might be interesting, but I can't figure out how to access the option to track store categories.

So that's my questions - How do you track store categories. 

Store Categories I'm Tracking

Sales
# of Listings

No categories are being tracked.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

From eBay Customer Support:

Store Categories I'm Tracking (eBay Store owners only)

Tracks the total sales for categories in your eBay Store. To select the categories you want to track, click the Edit link in the section header and select the categories to be displayed.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/navigate-my-views.html

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I get that information from Selling Manager by clicking on "Selling Manager"

In the panel at right I find:

"My Top Performing Store Categories"

By dollars and number of items sold.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've been using the category tracking feature for some time now, and I find it's very useful in comparing sales levels of different types of items. 

To access, go to your "Summary" page, lower right, under "Categories I'm Tracking", click "Edit" in the header (as Pierre noted), then click on "Customize" in the pop-up list that appears.

From there you can choose which of your store categories you want to add (or remove) from the tracking list.  You can change the list whenever you want by using the "Edit/Customize" again. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Aha! Thanks kindly.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply