How long does it usually take ebay to get back to you ?

I bought an item on eBay, and received it about two weeks ago, unfortunately it was damaged, not at all like the photos the seller had posted on eBay.

I contacted the seller, he said he wasn't going to give me a refund because the item was in good condition when he shipped it, and advised I open a claim through eBay which I did.

First I wasn't able to talk to a real person at eBay, but from what I hear about eBay's customer service policies . that's almost impossible. I followed the instructions on eBay to open a claim, first they said to try to contact the seller, which I did..no reply.  The next step was if the seller fails to respond contact eBay, and " we'll get back to you in 48 hours"   Now it's been 96 hours since I contacted eBay, and haven't gotten so much as an email from them.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I don't think there is any actual human contact involved in a Dispute.

You're next step is to escalate to a Claim. You will be told to return the damaged item to the seller WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.

When eBay/Paypal sees that the seller has the item back, they will refund your original payment, but not the return postage.

Several Canada Post services offer DC so check canadapost.ca for the most reasonably priced. And use the Business rather than the Personal listings, there are more services there.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the reply femmefan1946, I have never been involved in an ebay dispute until now, and wasn't sure what the processes was, thanks again for the info.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply