How to mark my pics?

sunshine2426
Community Member
Hello,Can anyone please tell me how to mark my pictures? Seems every few days mine get stolen and I'm tired of reporting them.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

How to mark my pics?

treasure-pot
Community Member
Good Morning Sunshine (hmmm... should that be to music?)

If you have an image editing program, it should allow you to type text (your eBay user ID) on top of the image. If you have the feature, you can also change the text opacity so that the text appears but does not obscure the image below (see item #120036189460). Typing text on an image that does not touch onto the item itself is pointless - the thieves will merely crop out your name and the image will still be available for their use.

Keep in mind that some thieves care little that your name appears on the image. Your name should simply make it easier for eBay to verify your claim that the image is yours.

The real fun is when you catch someone directly linking to your images on your own picture hosting. It involves swapping out the image name with a new image that makes it clear that the person is a thief. The new image will automatically appear in the thief's listing telling anyone who views the listing what a lowlife they are.

Hope that helps.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

Where do you host your images? Several hosting services (inkfrog for example) provide the ability for you to watermark your pictures as they are uploading.

Ann
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

An excellent and free basic photo editing program that can also do "watermarking"

http://www.irfanview.com/
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

RECPED - Infranview is NOT FREE when used for COMMERCIAL purposes so ppl downloading should be aware that the author does EXPECT and deserve to be paid if you are planning on using the software to watermark your eBaY pictures since this would be construed as COMMERCIAL USE.

Also for those who want even a higher level of security there is a company that offers internet policing of your pictures via a TAG-ON that notifies them/you when someonce copies, links to trys to copy your pictures.

Great service but is cost prohibitive for eBaY use if you post alot of items.

Regards,

TIM @ FTL
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

OK it's not "free" but you don't have to pay for it.....

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

RECPED - YES you have to pay for it since if your using it to protect your pictures that you post on eBaY then why should you not pay for a license.

Your using the software to protect your images yet you use an illegal license - now that makes real sense.

Not real smart advice. I guess you do not mind if others use your pictures on eBaY then.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

I guess you do not mind if others use your pictures on eBaY then.

I don't watermark my images, if people want to borrow them I really don't care as long as they don't use my bandwidth.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

sunshine2426
Community Member
Thanks everyone. Now I gotta take the time and stop listing to figure it out, LOL.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

How to mark my pics?

mik3dotnet
Community Member
just use mspaint. go start-->programs-->accessories-->Paint

type your text on top, and save. this is if you don't have something like photoshop. quick and simple.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply