I'm doing a survey and need your input...PLEASE!!!

How many of you Canadians have an address in the USA to receive letters & packages?

Questions:
1- Do you have an address in the USA where you can receive mail?

2- Is it:
a- a PO box;
b- a street & apartment address;
3- a house address

3- Do you have a US BASED credit card?

4- Do you receive your US based credit card bill at that address?

5- What other proof of your mail drop do you have that could serve as proof that you own/rent the space?

6- Feel free to compliment my questions with your own...

Please give the specs re questions asked as it could really help to confirm addresses in both the USA and Canada.

Thanks for your help!!!!

You can also do a 2nd round re do you ship FROM the USA.
How do you go about it?
What can be done to improve what you do right now?

Thanks for your input! 🙂

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

whoscloset
Community Member
1. Yes

2. None of the above. It is a street address that forwards mail.

3. Only my PayPal MC

4. Nope

5. None

Monique

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Monique, thanks for answering. 🙂

How did you get a PayPal MC?

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I should have also asked, have you been able to list both your Canadian & USA addresses with eBay & PayPal?

They say it is not possible at this time but they will explore the idea.

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
I may have misspoken. My PayPal MC is actually a debit card for my PayPal account. I don't think they allow Canadians to get them anymore...haven't for years...but I got it early enough to be grandfathered in.

I have been able to list my U.S. address as an alternate shipping address on ebay...not on PayPal though.

Monique

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
1- Do you have an address in the USA where you can receive mail?
YES, a house address

3- Do you have a US BASED credit card?
YES, PayPal Master Card (DEBIT)- Grandfathered

4- Do you receive your US based credit card bill at that address? NO

5- What other proof of your mail drop do you have that could serve as proof that you own/rent the space?
LOYALTY PROGRAMME CARD statements- like AIRLINE, RESTAURANT- and a myriad of other ADDRESSES JUNK MAIL I'd rather not get !!!!!
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I don't answer surveys when I'm not told what the purpose of the survey is.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I'm not writing a book (I promise) but I'd like for eBay & PayPal to let us indicate an address in Canada AND in the USA when we have both. If both addresses could be confirmed, that would be very good. 1- it reduces the cost of shipping when shipped domestically rather than cross-border; 2- it speeds up delivery; 3- it improves the chances of better DSRs when 1 and 2 happen.

I'm trying to gather more info to see how the cross-border address could be confirmed.

I am in the eBay.com Voices Program and your participation in this info gathering could help make it happen. I hope this explains the purpose of my mini survey.

I am an hour away from Plattsburgh, NY, USA. I have an address in Montreal and there. PayPal has been saying we can't have addresses cross-border at this time but they are willing to explore the possibility. So, I'm giving it my best shot.

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"PayPal has been saying we can't have addresses cross-border at this time but they are willing to explore the possibility."

Good Luck Elaine.

PayPal said the same thing seven years ago, five years ago and again two years ago about the possibility of letting sellers transfer US$ to a US dollar denominated account held at a Canadian bank. Still waiting for results. In fact, still waiting for PayPal to even address the issue openly and candidly. :-( .
Quality stamps from Canada, British Commonwealth and Worldwide at Wholesale Prices
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I'm a glutton for punishment Pierre.

RE: the possibility of letting sellers transfer US$ to a US dollar denominated account held at a Canadian bank.

That's another sore point. LOL

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

1 - yes

2 - all three

3 - yes (Visa - debit)

4 - no

5 - I don't "own/rent"

6 - I don't have a question to add, just a comment. I don't buy much online and of what I do very little is from eBay. eBay is the only place where there is any questioning of my address and payment method or it's "status". Sad but in general I need to be desperate to buy on eBay, relative to buying from most major e-commerce sites buying on eBay is simply a pain.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

power_batteries
Community Member
1- Yes.

2- c: It is a company that receives and holds your items for you - they charge by the package and charge extra if you leave items there too long. (And it's right beside the Post Office in Point Roberts, WA.)

3- Yes. (Well a Visa check card from a U.S. bank anyways.)

4- We used to. We have both Canadian and U.S. address linked to that account and have them send to Canadian address now.

5- None. But thousands of people use the place. 😉

C.G.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply