I'm speechless on this one ....customer not satisfied

I got an email from a customer about item number 290012662556, she says that she was under the impression that she was getting a hat and scarf and that they were supposed to be a Christmas present. Seriously??? I thought both the title and the description were pretty clear. I swear, if I get my first negative feedback from this i'll freak.
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

comics-rock
Community Member
Yep, pretty clear!!!

Paul.
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

comics-rock
Community Member
She obviously looked at the picture...without reading...thought thats what she was getting. Tis the season.

Paul.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
oy

Monique

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
LOL sigh.....

I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at the stupidity of the buyer but I have seen this before with selling patterns. Gotta put PATTERN all over the place in the listing.

$4.50 for a hat and scarf huh? BAD SELLER YOU!!! Why don't you have illegal immigrant slaves in your basement to make these things!!! LOL (only kidding!!)

Hell, you can't even buy the yarn for that little for crying out loud. Send her a nicely worded email that you're sorry she misunderstood but the listing clearly states in the title and description that it is for a pattern. Please take the time to fully read listings so that you understand exactly what it is you're buying before you commit to buying it.

I like putting the line that 'this listing is for a.....' then hopefully if they read it they'll know they're getting a pattern and not the finished item. Although I have had a few people spend $9.99 and think they're getting a full size, handmade afghan. 😐 BWAHAHAHA!! ya right! Maybe from China but not from me!!

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

LOL! I laughed at first but then i shook my head and couldn't believe it. I was pretty polite in my response to her (I bit my tongue), told her that I was sorry that she was disappointed but that both the title and description have the word PATTERN in it. I even offered her a refund if she wants to send me the pattern back. Only thing I didn't offer her was to knit the darn thing for her. Geez. $4.50 for an alpaca scarf and hat and only $1.00 shipping for all that using Canada Post. Right. :^O
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Did you notice that this buyer is also a Seller!? She managed to write titles and descriptions. I wonder if she expects anyone to read them....after all....she doesn't...lol!!!
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Not much of a seller (yet) and of course intelligence and/or literacy is not a requirement to become an eBay seller.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

didn't even notice that she was a seller too. My biggest mistake was leaving her positive feedback to quickly.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

long_hitter
Community Member
if you guys want to see real stupid, take a look at this one 36000144382. Buyer complains that he was trying to "find out shipping charges and got locked in" so he decided to leave a negative feedback a couple of hours after HIS mistake.

Just filed NPB hopefully he doesn't respond and I get the NEG deleted, but got me fuming for awhile...
Message 10 of 27
latest reply

rkimaging5edn
Community Member
Always Remember, It's the Picture they buy!
Or so they think.
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
That's right, alot people don't bother to read much, it's the photo that sells, they should read it, but Since I started selling on ebay over a year now I learned
there are alot of not to bright people out there or pretend to be. sorry this has happened to you but we all get these nut cases, tell me if I am Wrong:)
T.J.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

rkimaging5edn
Community Member
Definitely, I found that with everything I sell I always take my own picture and state in the auction that
"all photos are of actual item for auction"
Saves me lots of grief!
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
Wow!
It is true that your statement wasn't clear!!!
I believe that you got your lesson!!!

Don't put Mercedes picture, when you are sell just tires!!!
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
NOW!!!
P.S. How many powerseller blame buyers that they stupid!!!
Are the buyers stupid or seller who doesn't work on his advertising!!!
Message 15 of 27
latest reply

bestshowtime : ????

I have a great idea, maybe I should just scan the pattern instructions and post that too so they see it's a pattern ?? ?:|
Message 16 of 27
latest reply

You can tell that Vitali does not sew or do crafts. ALL patterns have a finished picture on the front. It is called marketing and that is what sells the pattern. If a buyer is too stupid to read the title, not to mention the description, you can't blame the seller.
Message 17 of 27
latest reply

bestshowtime
Community Member
You can tell that Vitali does not sew or do crafts
Wow, that is true!!!
I recall that my wife has pattern with photo on it.
chantalscraftycorner!
I believe that who press bid bottom in your action was the man, so don't worry his wife will fix him!!!:-x
Message 18 of 27
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
If a buyer is too stupid to read the title, not to mention the description, you can't blame the seller......

Hence, the way you market your jewellery??
Message 19 of 27
latest reply

So she sent me an email asking for a refund. I told her to send the pattern back to me and i'd refund her. Pretty nice on my part I would think. She left me neutral feedback saying she was disappointed with the item. GRRRR. X-( Sent her a nice little email after that one. Bah Humbug.
Message 20 of 27
latest reply