I received item I didn't order.

Last week I received an order I didn't request.  I called eBay customer service and was told to return it to sender.  My mailman picked it up and returned it.  I was looking at another charge on eBay and saw I that had been charged $101.45  for this false item. I have been trying to inform the seller or ebay for two days but there is no CATEGORY for this problem and no phone number to call. 

I want my $ back.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Are you the only person with access to your desktop and all mobile devices? Perhaps someone ordered it without your consent. If your account was compromised, you need to contact ebay about that.

Ebay sellers do not send orders to buyers who haven't paid for something. I couldn't send you an item that you didn't order and then have the money take from your account without consent, it simply doesn't happen that way. If someone from a third-party hacked your account and started buying stuff, they'd sent it to themselves and not you.

Change your passwords and log out of every device after each session. That prevents minors in your household from ordering Pokemon cards on ebay while they're supposed to be playing on the LEGO LIFE app.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

saw I that had been charged $101.45  for this false item.

Open an Item Not As Described dispute.

Be vague about how it is not as described, because as you point out, you don't think you ordered it.

If the item was returned to the seller with tracking/ Confirmation of Delivery, you will be refunded when it shows as received by the seller.

If it was refused and just marked Return to Sender, not only did you not 'track' it, which you needed to do, but it will take months to get back to her, since refused packages are low priority.

You will have to talk to Customer Service about this. And keep asking for supervisors until you get someone who understands the problem.  Make sure the CS also understands that you are in Canada.

Better start talking the to family about who has been ordering stuff.

Because I suspect that person will have to take over a lot of your household duties to pay off the $101 that you may not be able to retrieve from the seller**.

** The seller is very probably an innocent party in this. She may be 'ignoring' you because it is the Labour Day weekend.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply