INR case opened by Germany buyer

So I had a relatively new German buyer open an INR on me on a book that was shipped Nov 30th... now the problem is, when I clicked respond to case, everything is on German. How am I gonna respond?

My next question is, the deadline for the case resolve date is Dec 23. Should I suggest to the buyer to wait till Dec 23 and if it doesn't arrive I'll refund? Normally I ask buyers to wait the full month (ie Dec 30) but if the buyer escalates the case on the 23 would it be more problematic for me in future? Would it be better for me to just refund it if the book still hasn't arrived by the 23?

I'll post a screen cap later tonight at home. I'm at work and eBay forum doesn't accept screen caps from my phone.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Congrats to you!

But........Sigh.  Your list made me look at my late shipping rate and saw that I just received one.  Package to Australia..last est delivery date was dec 15.  Buyer left feedback on the 17th so it was was 2 days 'late' at the very most. Actually, the delivery time on the listing was 7-15 days and the sale was on nov 27 so the 15th was only 14 days.  If the days were figured out correctly and if the package arrived on the 16th, it wouldnt have been considered late.  I think that getting a late mark for 1 or 2 days irks me more than one for a couple of weeks.  

It it also irks me more because my rate would have been 0 at the end of january.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Sorry to hear that pj 😞

I think my ridiculously long handling time "helped" and most of my shipments originating from Japan don't even give buyers a shipping estimate (because I'd select ecnonomy shipping or small packet surface for all of them when I in fact ship air mail), hence with the late defects one only 57 transactions out of my 135 transactions could end up with a potential late defect.
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Here is another bizarre thing that happened since this INR from Germany buyer happened.

So far, I have received 2 automated e-mails from eBay asking me to provide feedback... except the entire eBay message is in German which I can't read without Google Translate.The first sentence is as follow (translated by google).

"We invite you to submit your opinion about your contact on 12/21/16 with eBay Buyer Protection via Paypal PayPal.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us to improve our service for you. Answering the questions takes less than 3 minutes."

So I responded to the survey today (which is surprisingly in English and not in German) and pretty much trashed all the ratings on it. Because as I answered it, I realized the survey was meant to be for my buyer, not me, as it asks questions from buyer's perspective. 

Message 23 of 23
latest reply