ITEM not as described and GSP...

If an item arrives not as described...ie broken, possibly in shipping, possibly before shipment what is the proper procedure? How does one recover the taxes and shipping paid to the GSP not the seller? Who pays return shipping?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You have to file an item not as described claim in order to get your money back.  In the end, you should be compensated all amounts that you paid and it's unlikely that anything will have to be sent back. GSP sellers are generally off the hook for items that are delivered broken because it is assumed that it broke after it left the gsp depot in Kentucky. The seller may get their the money from the transaction held but that should be just temporary.

Before you file, you might want to try phoning ebay and ask for someone who is familiar with gsp claims. If that doesn't pan out, then file a claim.

You might want to let the seller know that it's your understanding that they won't be held responsible for a broken item but that you have to file a claim in order to get your money back. Few sellers understand how the claim system works with gsp.

edit...I just read your post again and it sounds as if this didn't happen..you are just asking what if??

If the seller is deemed to be at fault in a not as described case then the situation is different. I think, but am not positive, that you definitely have to phone ebay in that situation to get the gsp part of your funds back. The seller would have to pay for return shipping.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is a real situation but not on this account. I came home to find a damaged box left on my step.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Open the Item Not As Described dispute.

Was there any note included with the parcel about repacking from GSP/eBay? Was there Canada Post tape or notes on the package?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply