Info about opening a store

Good evening ebay sellers.  I have 3 question  about opening a store. First one. If I have  400 items listed & I open a store, will I be charged listing fees for 100 over the 300. # 2 will all my listings be automatically be listed in my new store. # 3 when is the best time of month to open a store, say I open a store just before the end of the month would I get 300 listings for that month or would it be prorated.  I see most of my listings I can't relist as buy it now without paying for listing fees. Any answers would greatly appreciated  

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"If I have  400 items listed & I open a store, will I be charged listing fees for 100 over the 300."

NO. I am not sure what you mean by "300".  A "basic" store gets 150 "free listings" every month on eBay.ca and eBay.com.  While some sellers will list on both eBay.ca and eBay.com, keep in mind that they are disadvantages in doing so: cannot combine sales from different sites on one invoice, cannot use Canada Post calculation on eBay.com, etc...

"# 2 will all my listings be automatically be listed in my new store"

All items listed on all eBay sites (eBay.ca, eBay.com, eBay.uk, etc...) will be included in your store.  A store is basically a collection of all listings available from a seller.

"# 3 when is the best time of month to open a store, say I open a store just before the end of the month would I get 300 listings for that month or would it be prorated. "

Since you already have over 300 buy-it-now listings, there is no "best time" to open a store.  I recommend you open your store on eBay.ca since the (same) fees are billed in Cdn$. The monthly store fees ($16 or $20) are prorated the first month.

Now - and this is important - after you open your store and all your listings have migrated to your new store, you will need to revise every one of them to include the store category.  Otherwise they will all be listed in "other".

"I can't relist as buy it now without paying for listing fees."

Not sure what you mean.  GTC listings are renewed automatically every 30 days (until sold or cancelled) and the appropriate listing fee is charged every time, whether you have a store or not.

Finally, please take the time to read the listing fees and terms page then read it again and again:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Good Morning Pierre, thanks for your reply                                                                                                                                                    I should have used the 150 free listings instead of 300 for a basic store I was thinking  .com & .ca......Right now It shows I have over 400 listings so if I open a store I will get 150 free listings in my store. So will I be charged insertion fees for 250 items when eBay automatically transfers them to my new store.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

NO.

Listing fees are only charged at time of listing, not when you open a store.

As stated earlier, an eBay store is only a collection of all your listings, regardless what eBay site you used to list them.

There are many advantages to having a store, despite the $20 monthly fee: lower FVF comes to mind of course.

At the beginning, I suggest you take the $20 monthly option without the one year commitment.  You can reevaluate a few months from now and decide if you wish to commit for a year ($192), saving $4 a month.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thanks Pierre
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I just opened a store myself yesterday. All my listing havent shown up yet. They say it can take up to 24hrs. I did relist 4 of my items which showed up in my store, but the strange thing is I charged for the listings. Does the free first 150 listings also star up at a later time?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If your items are showing when you click view listings they should show up in your store right away. I'm not positive but the problem might that you have to set up store categories and then put each listing into that category.

When you have a store, the buy it now feature is not free when you list an auction...that is probably what you are being charged for.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

"All my listing havent shown up yet."

You are correct.  Something is not working as it should.  Only your new listings show in your store.

You need to revise your old listings - you can bulk revise to save time - to add a store category, it does not matter which one. 

Once a store category is given to your old listings, they will immediately appear in your store.  There is no 24 hour wait.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

the buy it now feature is not free when you list an auction...that is probably what you are being charged for.

I have listed buy it now listings and was then charged.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I have been able to get all my listing up. Thanks a bunch. I hope that my charges problem will not re appear

Like anything new , it takes time to adjust.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply