International parcel surface vs Tracked packet international

Hi from Ireland

I won an auction from a Canadian seller and the shipping options on the invoice are

International parcel surface $90

or

Tracked packet international $68

I'm confused. Why is the International parcel surface one more expensive? Reading the description on the Canadian postal website suggests that it could take up to 6 weeks whereas the tracked packet international is 6 - 10 days.

Could anybody recommend which option to go for?

Value of the items - $180.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

International Surface Parcel offers a higher insurance level,  so that the seller can insure the package for its full value ($180.+)

whereas Tracked Packet  International carries insurance of up to $100. Yes, Surface parcel delivery  takes several weeks vs. maybe 10 days to 2 weeks for Tracked Packet.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@nlgbbbblth wrote:

Hi from Ireland

I won an auction from a Canadian seller and the shipping options on the invoice are

International parcel surface $90

or

Tracked packet international $68

I'm confused. Why is the International parcel surface one more expensive? Reading the description on the Canadian postal website suggests that it could take up to 6 weeks whereas the tracked packet international is 6 - 10 days.

Could anybody recommend which option to go for?

Value of the items - $180.

Thanks.

The Republic, or Northern? If Northern, you are subject to UK VAT rules. I do not know about Republic tax rates.

Surface is not weeks, despite what they say, figure months.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks to both of you. I understand now.

From ROI - subject to our own VAT rules.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply