Is listing scheduling free ?

Just started to use scheduling.

When assigning the automation rules to relist at certain time, it's showing $0.00 fee. But now I  need to revise scheduled item and revision form is coming up with $0.10 fee for scheduling.

Is this just a remnant from before or is there still a scheduling fee ?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

It is 10 cents to schedule a listing.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

But if at later time (before the scheduled time) you attend the scheduled listing and revise it for List it now, $.10 will not be charged.

Inconveniently it must me done for each listing separately.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Well, I thought it was free after the last seller's update:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/schedule.html

To make your listing searchable at a specific time, you may want to schedule it a day in advance of when you want it to show up in a search. Although your listings will generally be searchable within 24 hours, for security reasons, there are times when this can take longer.

• There may be an additional fee when you schedule to start at a later time.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

There seems to be a contradiction somewhere.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You're right, I had forgotten about that. It's odd....when I looked at optional fees under store fees, it shows that there is a charge. http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html#optional

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

exactly, there is some conflicting info. as I pointed out, when scheduling relist through Selling Manager Automation, it's showing $0.00, but when revising from "Scheduled Items List", it's asking for $0.10

if nobody on this forum is using scheduling, I will be the guinea pig 🙂

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Sounds good to me. 🙂

I use scheduling through Auctiva and it has always been free there.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@dipmicro wrote:

Well, I thought it was free after the last seller's update:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/fees.html#optional

Non-stores get free scheduling. I use it all the time.

Stores get charged scheduling  fees of 10 cents.

The above link is for non-store fee. Look at the top of the page in the above link.

Store fees are here and there is a fee to schedule.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/storefees.html#optional

The no fee for non-stores was announced in the last update (Mar announcement and May 1 implementation) and I used it since May 1.

Tip: You can use scheduling to hold listing in the schedule queue. The schedule fee is only charged if eBay lists the item. So you can schedule listings a couple of weeks in advance (max 3) and hold them there. Then you can use bulk edit to change the listings you want to start immediately and not be charged.

The disadvantage to this is that you have to be at your computer to change them to launch immediately at the time you want.

When I did not have the free schedule, I would queue up listings in schedule and then go to my computer in the evening at 10 pm PT and launch them manually by using bulk edit. I preferred to start listings in the late evening so I get in a full day on the last day of listing. Any indexing of the listing (takes from 0 to 24 hrs theoretically, typically less than 3 hrs for me as far as I can tell) would take place on the first night when there are fewer potential buyers in North America to look at my listings.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@dipmicro wrote:

exactly, there is some conflicting info. as I pointed out, when scheduling relist through Selling Manager Automation, it's showing $0.00, but when revising from "Scheduled Items List", it's asking for $0.10

if nobody on this forum is using scheduling, I will be the guinea pig 🙂

No need to be a guinea pig. You are a store and will be charged 10 cents. Only non-stores get free scheduling.

For some reason, eBay is not consistent showing a charge for scheduling. I know it shows when you create/edit a single listing using the SYI. In other areas it may or may not show a schedule charge. So be careful, a $0.00 charge for scheduling may be deceiving. My experience with using scheduling for 4+ years, most with using schedule to queue up listings and launching by myself to avoid schedule fees and now for the past few months using it for free.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

But if at later time (before the scheduled time) you attend the scheduled listing and revise it for List it now, $.10 will not be charged.

Inconveniently it must me done for each listing separately.

Tip.

You can schedule listings a couple of weeks into the future and use bulk edit on the schedule listings as there is an option to change the Start Time to Start immediately or Schedule a listing in bulk edit. Manually starting a listing using bulk edit will not be charged a schedule fee.

I used scheduled listing to hold listing so I could start listing at the same time when I wanted and not pay a schedule fee. Then I used bulk edit to launch immediately listings that I had held in schedule with a scheduled launch time 2-3 weeks in advance. Done this for years.

There is no option in My eBay Scheduled Listing view to change the schedule time to launch immediately. Same with Selling Manager Scheduled Listings. But using bulk edit in either will allow you to launch immediately from the Scheduled Listing view. I do not know about Turbo Lister and if it can manipulate that start time using bulk edit from TL. But easy enough to schedule from TL and then go to eBay online to use the method I described with bulk edit.

Now that I have free scheduling with a non-store account, I just schedule the actual time I want to launch a listing. I still use the schedule listing to hold listing when I am not sure what time I want to list. I also use scheduled listings to hold listing so I can proofread them later for silly mistakes and to test out shipping to make sure it is giving correct shipping costs. Good  for testing calculated shipping and making sure cost are what is expected for different postal codes, Zip codes and various countries. A scheduled listing is as close to a live listings as you can get. Much better than Preview when creating a listing.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Confirming, I got charged for all the items that were scheduled.

The reason I experiment with scheduling is I want some auctions to start/end at specific time. I have a software solution for scheduling, randomizing and spreading large volumes of fixed price listing for any time ahead, but it does not have functions that already exist in Selling Manager Pro, e.g. periodically relisting auctions at specific time.

I find help pages confusing now, what applies to stores, what applies to non-stores, and selling manager showing $0.00 is clearly deceptive.

Thanks everyone, dipmicro out.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I just learned something new! I didn't know that scheduling was now free for non store accounts. Cool! I think I'll use it from now on. Thanks for this thread Dipmicro 😉

Message 14 of 14
latest reply