Issue about USPS Priority Mail International shipment to Canada

ericwang0658
Community Member

Hello everyone, I've bought a set of golf clubs last week and they are being shipped to Toronto, Canada from California. The sender shipped out the package via USPS Priority Mail International on Monday, June 3rd.

But since June 5th, there were no updates from USPS or Canada Post on the status of the package. The last update was "Your item has arrived at a sort facility at 2:24 pm on June 5, 2013 in ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)." 

According to Canada Post, the "International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada“. However, a friend of mine told me it usually take less than 72 hours for packages to arrive and clear the Canadian Custom when they are sent out from Western United States. 

I have also called customer service for both Canada Post and USPS. The USPS agent told me to be patient since the delivery standard is 6-10 business days. While the Canada Post agent said it is odd for this package to not arrive since it has already been 5 days since the day of shipping.

Any ideas on the whereabouts of the package based on past experiences? Does it usually take that long for packages to arrive when they are shipped out from California to Toronto?

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Eric 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re:Issue about USPS Priority Mail International shipment to Canada

If you get them in 3 weeks you will be lucky.

They still have to go through Canada Customs and they will decide how much you will have to pay to receive them.

If they don't revalue them it should be about $70.00 for taxes and customs handling fee.

Anything with a value over $20.00 Canadian is subject to Canadian taxes for the province you live in.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply