Item not received?

65fordman
Community Member

I am some what new to e-bay and sold a $2.50 item that was shipped very descreatly thru letter-mail here in Canada to a Canadian address. buyer just messaged me with .

1st message march 29th

(( Hi, i still don't receive the item, is there a problem you think ? From Canada to Canada this can't take more than 3 weeks.))

i replied

march 29th

I'm not sure what is going on. your coin was mailed on March 5th. i would give it some more time. it was mailed in a regular white envelope with packing tape across the back. the coin is enclosed in very flat card board and wrapped in a sheet of paper for privacy and both address are printed very clearly as i am a draftsman. the envelope was not thick at all as the coin is very thin. i just started getting feed back from some of the coins i shipped at that time. and had shipped some silver dollars the same way. i am sure its still on the way. if its not there by next weekend let me know and i will contact the post office and see what they can do thanks for letting me know.

April 3rd

no more contact from buyer??? i now have a open case with pay pal on April 3rd with no reply to my above message. with a note on Paypal from the buyer saying:::

April 3rd Paypal message

Hi, i still don't receive the item, can you refund me ?

i feel after my message to them on the same day to open up a "item not received" with Paypal 4 days later the buyer is sure the item is not coming as i feel the buyer HAS received the item. is this pushy, extortion or normal??? as they are not willing to wait 1 week and let me contact the post office and see what they can do. as i have been out of the eBay scene for a number of years a lot has changed for the worst for sellers. especially the honest ones.

not sure what to do can anyone help?

i know its a trivial $2.50 item and i feel really lucky at this point to be so cheap. but you have to learn your lessons right

i just don't know how to handle this as i am so new. 

i don't want negative feedback and i feel if i don't refund right away that's exactly whats going to happen i feel i am being pushed into a corner. but very lucky as its $2.50 but i need to learn how this process works and the best way to handle it

anyone Thanks. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Item not received?

65fordman
Community Member

opened case on april 2nd  3 days after i messaged them 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Item not received?

I would refund him right away.

No sense contactacting Canada Post if it was just regular mail.

Sometimes items do get lost and some times coins in plain white

envelopes do get jammed up in the sorting machines.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Item not received?

65fordman
Community Member

Dear toby_le_pue 

i totally understand the coin issue as i followed all the Canada post rule as they allow up to a quarter and has to be secure in the envelope and in a certain location and all that.

as this coin was a half dime almost paper thin

i was reading on other post about some people saying never automatically refund the buyer always let Paypal process decide but then you could get negative feed back right.

and Paypal says work and communicate with buyer and i did and no response other than they opened a case. and in my opinion a demand for the money back.

ultimately i think that's what i am going to have to do is a refund. i am just new at this process and hate to be scammed.  

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Item not received?

I am a buyer and have found the dispute format very helpful. In your case you have posted a reply to the buyer in the ‘disputes forum’ so I would wait a bit. Keep an eye on it and see if the buyer will reply. As it gets closer to the deadline to close the case, if the buyer still has not replied, contact eBay/PayPal directly by phone. They will have a record of your attempts to contact the buyer and can advise you on what to do. With my long record of buying , I have come to realize that there is no rhyme or reason to mail delivery. Some items arrive from overseas faster than a letter gets across town and others take forever. Some do get lost though very few. Take the high ground and if the worst happens, like you say, it’s only $2.50.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply