Items not marked as paid

cbsalesnb
Community Member

This is the second time this has happened. Basically, someone will buy an item and pay for it right away, but Ebay doesn't mark it paid.

Last time, I didn't notice it for 3 days. (Thankfully, it was over a weekend, so I only missed one business day)

I'm only noticing it because I have auctiva set to automatically leave feedback for items once they're paid.

If I log into paypal, I see the payment, it's instant and completed and the transaction page has the "OK to ship" label on it, so I'm not sure why it happens.

The other way I can tell something is up is that the option to invoice the buyer will not be there.

Anyone else see this?

Chris

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Items not marked as paid

"If I log into paypal, I see the payment,"

Don't you get an email from PayPal like everyone else confirming payment has been received?

Often a buyer will send payment through PayPal directly instead of using eBay.  That may be the cause of the problem you are describing.

Although I have had a fairly substantial number of transactions over the years on eBay, I have never used a third party to leave feedback.  I do it myself upon receipt of payment (either PayPal email notification or by mail or Interac or whatever),  I also update daily the status of sold items to reflect items "paid and shipped".

In addition, once a week, I check the "leave feedback" link just in case I missed someone.  It does happen at times.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Items not marked as paid

cbsalesnb
Community Member

Yes, I do get emails that the payment was sent, but I generally only use my email for responding to messages when I am away from my PC for some time.

If you were to click the "Leave Feedback" link in the situation I describe, there would be nothing there to indicate the item is actually paid.

I don't believe the user is using paypal to pay for the item because if Ebay truely did not know it was paid, then auctiva wouldn't have known to leave feedback for them. Auctiva connects to my ebay account and cannot see anything in my paypal account. I was actually thinking of turning this off and leaving manual feedback, but this rare issue has me thinking I might miss a paid item otherwise.

I currently only accept paypal as my payment, so every customer has to do the paypal checkout and, in theory, every item should be marked as paid once they've completed the payment. (Or once the echeck clears)

Through many many transactions through the years, this has only happened very recently, and it's happened twice so far.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply