July 17th Weekly Board Hour

Hello Canadian eBayers!

I'm likely flying solo today - if I'm lucky Raphael might swing by later. I appreciate your patience in advance! Let's rock & roll!

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I saw the new Site Issues forum. How is it to be used? I see topics being moved out of there. Can I post an issue in that forum? Should issues only be there?

Also, how come a forum like this weekly session has non weekly session topics in that are moved. Can't you block topics to this area?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

I saw the new Site Issues forum. How is it to be used? I see topics being moved out of there. Can I post an issue in that forum? Should issues only be there?

Also, how come a forum like this weekly session has non weekly session topics in that are moved. Can't you block topics to this area?

Hi pocomocomputing,

Members can post about site issues they're coming across. I'll review & investigate as necessary. Some posts were removed as they didn't quite fit the bill of being a technical issue.

As for the Weekly Forum, our Moderators will move topics out that don't belong. I'll see if we can look at blocking the board to help minimize these types of miscategorized posts.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Good afternoon gentlemen.

A quick question today.

Has eBay and/or eBay.ca ever considered giving a "senior discount" for sellers over the age of 65, like Canadian banks and many retailers do?

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Looks slow today.

I can't think of any questions so I will just comment on the new forums.

I got used to them and find that they are better than the old. I would like the ignore ability back to not see some posters in the USA eBay.com forums.

It does seem that the changeover has gone relatively smoothly here on eBay.ca and eBay.com.  I do like the forums summary list new look without all of the explanations of the forums. Good for regulars but not so for new posters looking for where to post.

Are we going to get back the summary page of new topics like the old forum? It was so easy to read the new posts.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

Hi pocomocomputing,

Members can post about site issues they're coming across. I'll review & investigate as necessary. Some posts were removed as they didn't quite fit the bill of being a technical issue.

As for the Weekly Forum, our Moderators will move topics out that don't belong. I'll see if we can look at blocking the board to help minimize these types of miscategorized posts.

Thanks,

Do you have to keep the moved topics there as placeholders for bookmarks or links or can they be deleted. for a cleaner look?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

Good afternoon gentlemen.

A quick question today.

Has eBay and/or eBay.ca ever considered giving a "senior discount" for sellers over the age of 65, like Canadian banks and many retailers do?

Hi pierrelebel,

Don't think we've ever thought of installing that - thanks for the suggestion.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

How to prove you are a senior to eBay? Or any site?

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Are we going to get back the summary page of new topics like the old forum? It was so easy to read the new posts.

We had a discussion with Lithium to see if we can replicate the 'Latest Topics' box on the Discusssion Boards page, as it currently appears on the Community HP. They have yet to reply on this.

They're accumulating as much feedback/suggestions from all the site launches (as we changed the Community for about 13 sites) - stay tuned to see what enhancements we can roll out.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Do you have to keep the moved topics there as placeholders for bookmarks or links or can they be deleted. for a cleaner look?

I'll have to check with our Moderation team on this. I know there's an option to do so, but let me reach out & see.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Kalvin, Please check your forum messages for a message from me.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

They're accumulating as much feedback/suggestions from all the site launches (as we changed the Community for about 13 sites) - stay tuned to see what enhancements we can roll out.

Is there a possibility of anything getting implemented? All we hear from the US community manager is "I disagree", "I disagree", "I disagree".

The UK community has now gone live and they have some of the same concerns as Canada and US.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@2noggins wrote:

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

Is there a possibility of anything getting implemented? All we hear from the US community manager is "I disagree", "I disagree", "I disagree".

The UK community has now gone live and they have some of the same concerns as Canada and US.

Hi 2noggins,

Community Managers from all the sites are well connected & we discuss suggestions/feedback on a frequent basis, especially during the first few days post-launch. If we are able to make these changes happen, we definitely will, however, please understand that some requests may take time.

Thanks,

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for keeping me company today folks! See you next week 🙂

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

kalvin@ebay.com wrote:

I'll have to check with our Moderation team on this. I know there's an option to do so, but let me reach out & see.

Just updating the question here - we've decided to leave the placeholders for 48 hours so members are aware of where their messages were moved to. After that point, they'll be removed.

~Kalvin

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 15 of 15
latest reply