July 20th 2016 Weekly Session

Hello everyone,

Welcome to our weekly chat. The thread will remain open for the next 24 hours or so, please go ahead and post at your convenience.

Open issues:

• Best Offer on listings that didn't have it in the first place
  • Errors when uploading more than one tracking number at a time (repeated, erroneous numbers saved)
  • Request Total unavailable

Updates:

• Anchor Store coupon not working/only working on AU site - Issue has been identified and is being worked on between eBay and PayPal. In the meantime CS has been provided with tools to help affected sellers with a work around.
  • Printer friendly Order Details page missing items - Resolved - fix rolled out or to roll out soon.
  • Selling limits live items count discrepancy - We are investigating further.
  • Missing Tracked Packet destinationsstill no update from PayPal and Pitney Bowes
  • Combined shipping offers not shown to international buyers - ticket open

If anything is missing, please let me know. Thanks!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

BO.png

I looked at your listings and you have several at BEST OFFER.  If that was not your intent, better change it.

Sorry all, for the multi-posts.  I'm not on the ball today.   🙂

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

Hello Raphael,  thanks for taking the time to do this.

Updates on the hunt for a Canadian shipping materials supplier?

Are we going to be compensated for the coupon(s) we will use up until such time as the Canadian connection exists (If) ?

I know, I have brought it up before and, just may again.

But really....$2 each for 35 cent boxes?  And I am supposed to just accept it and say "Thank you sir, may I please have more"

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

rose-dee wrote:

Does free Gallery Plus only apply to new listings created directly on eBay, or is something else going on?  

Fees should be the same whether you're using Sell Similar or creating a brand new listing, or whether you're on the eBay site or using a 3rd party tool like Auctiva.

I'd like to review the fees for the items you are talking about, as the $1.29 charges don't add up to just the Gallery Plus fees. GP is $1 for 30 day or GTC listings priced under $150. Can you send me the item numbers please? Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 3 listings I referred to were created on eBay.com, via Auctiva.  I just assumed the CDN$1.29 charge was the converted US$1.00 fee for Gallery Plus that used to apply.  I'll send you a screen shot.  No hurry to reply today, as I imagine you're busy preparing for Las Vegas. 

And thank you for the link to the store that ships to Canada.  I'll try my coupon there (unless the price is far higher, as some sellers have been reporting).  It was worth it at ca. $35 and free shipping, but not if the Kentucky hub is going to be charging GSP-style shipping. 

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@ricarmic wrote:

Hi Raphael!

I'm sad to advise that I've given the new dedicated support via email a try with disappointing results so far.

4 days ago I put in a request advising that I wasn't getting my rebates for promoted ads as I should.

I have not heard anything aside from the autoresponse.

When I put the request in, (on July 16) I got this back:

=============================================================

Hello ricarmic,

Thank you for contacting eBay Merchant Support. We have received your request and will be working to resolve your issue over the next 24-48 hours. We will reach out to you directly if additional information is needed. For immediate assistance please give us a call at 1-87(I TOOK THE 1-800 NUMBER OUT).

Please use the number 1-80238011278 as a reference if contacting Merchant Support by phone. We appreciate your patience while we get you the answers you need.

==============================================================

The one thing that I expected to be "worthwhile" for the additional anchor store charges was a dedicated support group. This is kind of a sad start.

My preference was to identify the facts in an email because I'm one of those legacy users, who lists on .COM only and who's store is on .COM and I thought it would make it easier on the support folks....if they could read the details in front of them.

Hi rlcarmic,

From the email you got in response, I'm not sure there was to be a follow up email or phone call. I would recommend calling the number provided if the issue wasn't resolved in the first 48 hours. 

Hmmm.

The issue is not fixed as far as I can see.

In a past life I was accountable for a help desk and never, ever, did we ask our "customers" to just assume the issue would be fixed with no follow up from us at all. In the worst case, if it was fixed behind the scenes, the requestor was always contacted to advise that we believed the issue was resolved and to contact us if there were continuing problems.

No response at all, even to advise that it is fixed, if in fact that is how the process is supposed to work, is quite unimpressive, moreso for a special dedicated support group that theoretically I'm helping pay for through the increased anchor store fees.

I would appreciate it if you can confirm what their process is for email requests. I can't imagine "no response" is actually part of it, I much more strongly suspect they are just very behind.....but one never knows these days.

At some point I will give them a call..... 

I have reached the Merchant Support team and you will get a reply to your email. The contact volume has been much higher than expected and as a result, they are several days behind with emails at this moment. Measures are being taken to remedy this backlog, but I'm told phone calls are taken in priority so you should really call with the reference number for a quicker resolution. Phone lines are open from 6am to 11pm Mountain time.

Message 24 of 51
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

I just got an odd sale.

I asked $85 for a postage lot of 50 $2 stamps with free domestic shipping.

When I looked at the PP payment, it showed $60 only was paid and the shipping address was Germany.

How can this happen?

And if the buyer doesn't correct himself, how do I cancel the sale?

Hi reallynicestamps,

Just to make sure I understand, you sold an item for $85 but the buyer only paid you $60? Was the buyer supposed to be in Germany or elsewhere?

Message 25 of 51
latest reply

raphael@ebay.com wrote:
Here is the listing for the eBay rolls of tape that do ship to Canada:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252394633830

Raphael, I just tried that link and rather than 24 rolls for US$35.99 as on the site I initially reached, the cost is an astonishing CDN$69.18 for 12 rolls (same 75 yard/roll length). 

One store (the ship to U.S. only) is about US$1.50 per roll, whereas the ship to Canada store's listing is about CDN$5.76 per roll.  Quite a difference that can't be explained by currency conversions. 

What's going on with this?  I could understand somewhat higher shipping, but not a price that's almost quadruple.  EBay may be giving out a $35 free coupon but they're clawing it back again (and then some) in excessive pricing while benefiting from the free advertising on every parcel these products are used for.  I recall similar complaints from store owners about the branded box prices too. 

You've mentioned that eBay is working on a purely Canadian solution for these shipping supplies.  Why would eBay continue to fleece its Canadian sellers in this way for what is ultimately its own branding purposes in the meantime (i.e. until it has an equivalent service for Canadians at a comparable price)?  That seems to me like rather crass exploitation of sellers' trust in eBay.  

Or better still, since the coupon is effectively useless, why not give us a $35 quarterly fee rebate until a proper shipping supplies option is available in Canada at reasonably fair price points? 

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

Not to belabour the point, but I've just checked, and by contrast, Canada Post is selling 4 x 50m rolls of their tape for $7.99.  This works out fairly closely to the U.S. eBay price of $35.99 for 12 x 75ft rolls, i.e. around $0.39 per foot/metre.  

I use Canada Post's tape a lot and it's great quality, i.e. not a cheap product.  

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

I buy it from a local dollar store for a third of the price.
I've bought from Canada Post, Staples, and London Drugs, and have been equally satisfied with the dollar store packing tape.
Message 28 of 51
latest reply

you sold an item for $85 but the buyer only paid you $60? Was the buyer supposed to be in Germany or elsewhere?

I didn't put Best Offer on any of my postage lot listings.

But poof! It seems to have appeared.

I was able, with the help of ricarmic and iamvivian, to remove some.

However a seller with addresses in both SK and Germany not only made a Best Offer, but somehow got it accepted at waaaay below what I would ever consider and paid.

I've written him (or her there are different names on eBay and PP) to see what we can work out.

I just want to know how the BO got on there.

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

Hi Raphael.

You seem to be slow at replying today....

I asked you a question under my other ebay id (silverdreamfilm).

I need an answer to this question since there won't be a Weekly Chat session next week and the Aug.3/16 deadline is fast approaching. 

What happens to my USD GTC listings on eBay.ca after Aug.3/16? When eBay.ca starts to end the USD listings from renewing, will they show up as "ended listings" / "unsold listings" or will they disappear? 

Thanks again.

Message 30 of 51
latest reply

Good afternoon. 

Users are complaining they cannot access their Purchase History or Collections. 

I was was able to add up to 300 items to my Watch list but only using the iPhone app.

What is eBay doing to result in these oddities?

Thank you,

Maureen 

Message 32 of 51
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the 24 hours of silence, I was stuck in a large meeting for literally the whole day yesterday. I'm back now, and will reply to your posts. Thanks for your patience.

Message 33 of 51
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Hi Raphael,

I did receive a shipping coupon in June but haven't yet received one for this quarter. Are they still being sent out? 

Hi pjcdn,

The coupons are still being sent. I'll ask the team to check the status on yours.

Message 34 of 51
latest reply

Good morning Raphael.

Received a promotion by email this morning for 500 free "auction style" listings.

Thank you.

However, the promotion only applies to listings on eBay.com

Why would eBay try to promote eBay.com to Canadian sellers instead of or in addition to eBay.ca?

I am confused.

Message 35 of 51
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Is there a test for gsp items on .com right now?

When some of us look at a gsp item, the shipping charges are stated but the import charges are not mentioned in the body of the listing.

The only way to see the import charges (or to even know that they exist) is to click on buy it now or add to cart.  I hope that they aren't considering this to be a permanent change as it is very misleading. I can easily see someone getting upset once they have spent the time on deciding which item to buy only to find it that it would cost them more than what they originally thought. 

Did you have an example item for me to look at?

I know that GSP items priced under $20 are supposed to show $0 import charges even though PB's fees are technically applied, but that cost is compounded with the shipping cost, meaning that once you get to checkout, the shipping should cost should show up lowered by the same amount that is seen in import charges.

Message 36 of 51
latest reply

@silverdreamfilm wrote:

Hi Raphael.

What happens to my USD GTC listings on eBay.ca after Aug.3/16? When eBay.ca starts to end the USD listings from renewing, will they show up as "ended listings" / "unsold listings" or will they disappear? 

Thanks. 

Hi silverdreamfilm,

GTC listings that will be blocked from renewing will go into your Unsold items.

Message 37 of 51
latest reply

@snoopwiz wrote:

Hello Raphael,  thanks for taking the time to do this.

Updates on the hunt for a Canadian shipping materials supplier?

Are we going to be compensated for the coupon(s) we will use up until such time as the Canadian connection exists (If) ?

I know, I have brought it up before and, just may again.

But really....$2 each for 35 cent boxes?  And I am supposed to just accept it and say "Thank you sir, may I please have more" 

Hi snoopwiz,

No updates yet but we are hard at work getting that program in flight.

Until then, the shipping costs being what they are (that is what is driving the price up on shipping supplies that ship to Canada), there isn't much we can do to bring the cost down. This isn't generating revenue for us so there literally isn't any wiggle room until we put a better program in place.

Message 38 of 51
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

raphael@ebay.com wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

Does free Gallery Plus only apply to new listings created directly on eBay, or is something else going on?  

Fees should be the same whether you're using Sell Similar or creating a brand new listing, or whether you're on the eBay site or using a 3rd party tool like Auctiva.

I'd like to review the fees for the items you are talking about, as the $1.29 charges don't add up to just the Gallery Plus fees. GP is $1 for 30 day or GTC listings priced under $150. Can you send me the item numbers please? Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 3 listings I referred to were created on eBay.com, via Auctiva.  I just assumed the CDN$1.29 charge was the converted US$1.00 fee for Gallery Plus that used to apply.  I'll send you a screen shot.  No hurry to reply today, as I imagine you're busy preparing for Las Vegas. 

And thank you for the link to the store that ships to Canada.  I'll try my coupon there (unless the price is far higher, as some sellers have been reporting).  It was worth it at ca. $35 and free shipping, but not if the Kentucky hub is going to be charging GSP-style shipping. 

Ah yes, then the $1.29 charge makes sense, if the item was priced under $150 and the duration was 30 days or GTC.

Message 39 of 51
latest reply

Why won't they ship to someone who has American address since it's coming from the US anyway

Message 40 of 51
latest reply