Lina Mallows 2

Lina,

Can I or anyone else assist you in your quest to de-register your PS status?

I'm just trying to help you fulfill your wish... that way you don't have to do what you are doing, as it has stopped being funny.

Xena
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
What isn't funny is the playbox/schoolhouse mentality of many who post on this board.
THIS BOARD is so often treated as a little clique of people chatting amongst themselves.
And little concern is given to anyone OUTSIDE of the little clique.

So- like this post- you are simply reinforcing the concept.

I should like someone else comment that I do not engage with trolls- or something similar.
HOWEVER- our POWER SELLER STATUS will take care of itself.
Until then- I am going continue to MINE this Discussion Board for relevant issues brought up in the past- and bring them to the forefront.

For those that don't like it- simply ignore me- and don't respond.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

What's a troll???

Xena
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
xenalook- Try searching "TROLLS" with the advance search function this board.
There is a really neat pinback button- related to TROLLS and BRIDGES- in the first POST you should encounter.

As for getting out of this place-
we are relieved to have received the following:
Important Alert Regarding your PowerSeller Status

Dear lina-mallows,

First, we want to thank you for your membership with eBay, and your participation in the Bronze PowerSeller program.

We want to help you maintain your PowerSeller status. According to our records, your sales are not meeting the standards of the Bronze PowerSeller program. To participate in the Bronze PowerSeller program, the following requirements must be met:
Maintain the minimum average monthly sales amount for your PowerSeller level.
Maintain a 98% positive total feedback rating.
Maintain an account in good financial standing.
Comply with all eBay listing and marketplace policies.
Uphold eBay community values, including honesty, timeliness, and mutual respect.
PowerSeller program eligibility is reviewed every month. Failure to comply with the above requirements may result in the interruption of a member's PowerSeller status.

To maintain your status, we recommend that you visit the PowerSeller portal frequently for helpful tips and resources. You can access your portal page by clicking the PowerSeller icon next to your User ID or by following the simple step-by-step instructions found below.

1. Go to the eBay.ca home page (www.ebay.ca).
2. Click on the "site map" link located at the top of the home page.
3. Click on the "PowerSellers" link located in the centre column, under "Selling Resources".
4. You can then access your PowerSeller portal page by using the "PowerSellers Sign-In" option on this page.

In one month we'll review your sales. If you are within the Bronze PowerSeller standards, your standing as a Bronze PowerSeller will continue without interruption.

We would love to help you maintain your current PowerSeller standing. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or if you would like a few ideas to assist you in this effort.

Regards,

Your eBay PowerSeller Team

Apparently we are doing something right!
Our TOTAL SALES for FEBRUARY / MARCH / APRIL were 292 ITEMS.
So just less than the 300 NECESSARY.

Though- to those who wish us off of this board- be VERY careful what you wish for. Many other POWER SELLERS now here will simply not meet the NEW requirements, and will be joining us.
So- for those who hope to remain here- get used to the fact that you DSR'S will likely be your worst nightmare.
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi lina-mallows,

I'm not so sure why you feel that many other Power Sellers will be loosing their PS status. If we maintain excellent customer service the rest falls into place.

I'm sure there are many power sellers on this board who put the effort into their work because they are proud to be a PS and want to maintain a high level of customer service, sales and in return...income!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
Many POWER SELLERS are the epitome of quality and service.

CANADA POST / PayPal. and eBay often conspire to interfer with such sterling service.

Everything from LONG periods of time for e-checks to clear- and Custom's delays that escalate for no apparent reason, all add up to a NON level playing field vis a vis our US brethren.

THAT HAVNG BEEN SAID-
REALITY CHECK- to eBay ALL THAT COUNTS ARE THE NUMBERS

According to eBay:
"In July 2008, detailed seller rating (DSRs) of 4.5 or higher in all four DSRs - item as described, communication, shipping time, and shipping and handling charges. If a seller no longer complies with any one of the above requirements, they are removed from the program.

QUICK CHECK-
someone here with a 6000+ STAR will likely be gone
A certain liquidator with a 1000+ star will almost certainly be gone
Another with 3800+ will also most certainly be gone
A 3300+ is on the edge

So- simply by looking at a handful of those with the most current of posts- likely 1/3 of those currently posting here will be gone.

The numbers don't lie. And the reality of math yield a result of being bumped from their POWER SELLER status.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
momoftwingles2- Hi again.
Based on the above appraisal of the present situation- I am hard pressed to believe that those who are doing well, can do that much better.
And those who are on the edge can excel to the point of being able to save their POWER SELLER status.

There is only so many variables that a seller can control. Beyond that, it is totally beyond anyone's control. And, therefore, should simply not be of concern.

Yes- eBay has added SOME real monetary incentives for being a Power Seller. In the end- it is like a lottery. Some will WIN- the overwhelmingly vast majority will lose.

Looking at some POWER SELLERS presently posting here- the numbers would clearly indicate a loss of PS status.
Prove me wrong.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
There is= THERE ARE- I do get sloppy late at night. It's 3:38 here in TO.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi lina-mallows,

For sure Canadians may be at a disadvantage when it comes to shipping costs and times vs. those sellers in the U.S.

However, we can whine all we want or we can beat the odds and give our customers superior service and excellent communication and in the end...all will be fine.

e-Checks from Canadians take approximately 8 days to clear. eChecks from Americans take approximately 4 days to clear. A kind note to the buyer to thank them for their eCheck and giving them the date that PayPal EXPECTS their check to clear works perfectly for me. And, I always receive a thank you note back from my buyers acknowledging that they are aware of the delay. No biggie.

Kind communication is the key.

If you are so unhappy about being a Power Seller or you are dreading loosing your Power Seller Status call the toll free support number and talk to someone. You are allowed to opt out of this program.

Challenges are difficult. However, continually trying to drag people down with you is not necessary.

If you need help with fine tuning your sales...you have many individuals here or on the American Power Seller list that have a wealth of experience and are willing to help. However, when everyone has to get through antique posts...it leaves little time for anything else.

One thing is for sure...each person on eBay or any other venue is responsible for his/her successes and/or failures.

And remember as another posted on this list...there are many other venues that you can and may sell on. However, I do believe that you'll find that each has their own unique quirks.

Not every PS is unhappy with eBay. I personally quite enjoy it.

lina-mallows...cheer up! Think positive! Take control of your destination...make the call to the support line.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Lina Mallows 2

lina-mallows
Community Member
momoftwingles2 - You are allowed to opt out of this program.

The list of people who disagree with this notion of OPTING OUT would be too long to post here.

We have been around for 8 years- and with this ONE ID- as well as other, we have bought and sold close to 10,000 items.

So- change is not something I fear. Being in Toronto eBay has an office here.
As I will be dealing with someone else's tax appeal- I will be 'rubbing elbows' with some higher ups in Canada Revenue Agency (ever changing name)- and I will be raising the issue of GST on eBay fees. Regardless of what eBay thinks- if there is an eBay.CA- and eBay employs people in Canada- why are they not subject to the same rules of other multi-national corporations.

As for cheering up- we just got back from being away for a week in the US.
So- all shopped- and maxed out on our personal Custom's exemptions.
We will be back on about the 20th. I made certain not to list today- as I am deliberately trying to keep out numbers small. POWER SELLER STATUS will take care of itself in a month or so.

I am actually more concerned about accidentally becoming an American resident Alien (or NON resident alien), based on the 186 day rule. The US calculates a day- as being in the us for ONE MINUTE- DURING ONE DAY.

Here's the daunting issue:
"You are considered a resident alien if you met one of two tests for the calendar year.
To meet the substantial presence test, you must have been physically present in the United States on at least 31 days during the current year, and 183 days during the 3 year period that includes the current year and the 2 years immediately before. To satisfy the 183 days requirement, count all of the days you were present in the current year, and one–third of the days you were present in the first year before the current year, and one–sixth of the days you were present in the second year before the current year."

It appears I may accidently become a resident Alien of the United States of America. So- I must be acutely aware of our frequent travel into the US.

Far beyond eBay- this is of major importance.
I am a beneficiary of the Canada/US tax treaty.

Playing in the sandbox here is a way of having some fun with people who take themselves far too seriously.

eBay is severely flawed- and discussions here do little to change the "REAL WORLD".

So- I will continue to fight the good fight- out there in the real world- where there are bigger problems.

momoftwingles2 - you're right. And, with a proven eBay track record, as both a POWER SELLER and not- I am not so naïve as believe everything works perfectly all the time.

Maybe I have a chip on my shoulder as my worst, absolute worst experiences have been with Power Sellers. And- if anyone were able to know my other eBay IDs they would certainly know that the absolute bulk of all fights I have picked are with POWER SELLERS who believe they understood- or were able to change eBay rules at will.
The BULK of all listing violations I see on eBay are in POWER SELLER's lisings. Such has been my experience over the years- and nothing has changed.
Some POWER SELLERS let their status go to their heads.
I am truly happier on the other side trying to fence them in.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply