MAX BID

kodyhunt
Community Member

I have now realized I will NEVER use ebays stupid max bid EVER again. I think not being able to lower my max bid if I DECIDE to do so. It is like trapping a purchaser into a purchase, if the bid has not reached that max bid why the heck can I not decide later (before the auction reaches that max bid ) to lower it or remove it?

Really, what valid reason could there be? Well whatever the reasons I now know that will never happen again, who'd of thunk such a silly thing?

My example: buy 10 oz silver bar 25 day auction, silver trading that day of my bid 30 oz, i put a max bid in at $30..........10 days later silver tanks......... now trading $27oz........ hmm not worth my max bid so let me alster that seing no one has bid above the lower current bid............ NOT....... NOT GONNA HAPPEN because here we are fishing and when we hook a customer weeeeeeeeeee not gonna let'em go..........

Stupid Rule

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

MAX BID

"25 day auction"

There is no such thing.

The longest duration for auction listings on eBay is 10 days.  Most sellers use 7 days.

"10 days later silver tanks........."

If you want to gamble or speculate on the direction of the price of silver or gold, it is your choice how to spend your money.  It has nothing to do with eBay or eBay bidding rules.

You may be better off using a commodity broker where you pay a commission for the service or the Bank of Nova Scotia, the Canadian bank specializing in retailing precious metals:

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,81,00.html .

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

You can retract your maximum bid but there are restrictions:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

I've found that a much more useful tool is a sniper service such as http://auctionsniper.com

It costs a little but IMO it's money well spent.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

Can't pass the buck to ebay on this man .. IT is all your fault ... You can retract and ebay doesn't pay attention to markets lke silver and gold prices.. Like stated earlier you chose to gamble on the markets and like many you lost

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

kodyhunt
Community Member

I should not have even mention silver because that was never the point..... If the auction has not reached my maximum bit but rather is held at my last bid amount why can I not decide at some point prior to anyone else bidding my current standing bid, to go ahead and lower or remove the max bid amount i had previously set......... No one responded to the question but rather you wanted to tell me how or where i should be buying silver.... Take silver out of the equation and re look at my position.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

OK forget silver.

eBay still does not offer 25 day auction listings.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

I think they were objecting because it sounded like you were speculating about silver prices at the seller's expense.........

In any case, it's not clear whether  your talking about Buy It Now or auctions.

If you're watching items and deciding along the way if you want to go through with the bid then Auction Sniper is a great tool.

You can use it to watch your stuff but bids aren't actually placed until the last few seconds.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

kodyhunt
Community Member

you know dude, you really need to focus on the concept here and realize it does not matter if there are 2 days left or 5 days left.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

I'm curious and puzzled...........

You want to take a minute and explain exactly what you're trying to do???

Are you bidding on an auction or trying to Buy It Now?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

you know dude, you really need to focus on the concept here and realize it does not matter if there are 2 days left or 5 days left.

You need to take a breath of fresh air to clear that MJ smoke from your lungs and let us know what you are talking about.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

Try reading the following link regarding retracting your bid.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/retract-bid.html

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

MAX BID

snikrep2010
Community Member

kody if you are referring to the 100 oz that you bought, it is not an auction. It is a best offer that was accepted.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply