3 REPLIES 3

Meant to be............

I read about this a few days ago

It sounds like they had a great life together and now will be together once again

Reading this reminded me of a customer/friend I had who passed away about 25 yrs ago

He was in his 80's when he died

An avid collector of post cards stamps and postal cancellations his collection was huge.  I attribute alot of my knowledge of Post Cards to him He was a fantastic source of knowledge about them and we spent hours at a  time discussing them 

Actually he talked and I listened and absorbed information most of the time. We used to meet at a Mall I would buy coffeee ask a question and then listened  A half hr later would ask another and listen again and so on

A very private man he was a tough duck to get to know. It was understandable he lived a rough life as a young person and did not trust alot of people.  I knew him for 2 yrs before he said more than Hi to me

He was a Barnardo Child (Brought to Canada From England as an orphan  by Dr Barnardo Homes)  

He met his wife through the Barnardo Homes (she was a Barnardo Child too) grew up close to where she lived and they married in their early  20's

Never having children it was the two of them neither having family they knew of

I never met her She was more private than him and preferred to live her life quietly with him 

the times he spoke of her I could sense the love they had  They meant everything to each other

His wife who was a few yrs younger was diagnossed with unoperable Cancer  Those of us who knew him wondered how he would live without her

It came to the point the Drs gave her a week or so to live. He had always been a very healthy man until he received that news. he suffered a Heart Attack survived a few days and passed away. His wife passed a day or so later

Who knows if this was the way it was meant to be but this couple who were everything to each other lived their lives together in love and left basically together

weavers     

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Meant to be............

This tomb is world famous. The story goes like this. The Protestant Colonel of Cavalry, married the Catholic woman. This “mixed” marriage at that time (nineteenth century) caused a lot of trouble. When the Colonel died on August 29, 1880, his wife wanted to be buried next to her husband, but the difference in their religious affiliations was a problem. There was a plan: the Colonel was buried in the Protestant cemetery, against the separation wall from the Catholic cemetery on the other side. When his wife died on November 29, 1888, she was not buried in the family tomb as expected, but instead buried in a grave on the other side of the wall opposite her husband. The tombs rise above the separation wall and the monuments above the wall have a man’s hand and a woman hand holding each other for eternity.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Meant to be............

Click on arrow to the left of the word 'attachment'. For some reason it didn't show in post.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 4
latest reply