Members with 0 Feedback

alero0
Community Member
There's an interesting point which I should have realized before but haven't until now. I always had a policy to sell to buyers with 0 feedback figuring we were all once in that position and they have to start somewhere. I usually didn't check their FB figuring they have 0 so what's to see. I just had to leave one of these newbie's a neg. for using the Buy it Now and then deciding after a week to shop somewhere else and not pay for the item. (Only told me this because I contacted him to find out what was going on). After leaving the neg. I went to see if it showed up. It was only then that I realized that his score still showed up as 0. As far as anyone seeing his name with the 0 beside it you would think he's just new and starting out on ebay. From now on I'll be checking anyone's feedback even if they have 0, because there might be a couple of negs. listed there.

Harvey
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Members with 0 Feedback

whoscloset
Community Member
Never thought of that. Thanks for the heads-up. Monique

Welcome to ebay! We aren't happy 'til you aren't happy!

Monique

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Members with 0 Feedback

alero0
Community Member
I was just looking through my preferences and noticed that we can block buyers that have a FB score of -1 or lower. That should take care of that problem.

By the way I was wrong in saying that the FB score still shows up as 0 when there's a neg. I just checked that buyers score and it was -1. I guess ebay was a little slow in putting up the score. Sorry for the false info.

Harvey
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Members with 0 Feedback

hotwng
Community Member
I wish there was a preference where we could block users with 0 feedback. I know we all had to start somewhere, but half the time they are non-paying bidders and I'd just rather not deal with the hassle. Either that or block users whos accounts are newly created (within a month or two)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Members with 0 Feedback

If your newbie has 2 positives and 2 negatives, he's also going to show as 0. You're right, it is best to look. Ann

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Members with 0 Feedback

camera_expert_kelowna
Community Member
Seems like a mute point to me.
Unless you have set out in your listing that you will not sell to 0 FB (newbies), then it would seem to me that you are obligated to try and carry thru with the sale, and attempt to collect your money.
Of all the non-paying buyers that I have had - none have been newbies - just people who have changed their mind after making the purchase or have obviously bid without having the money to pay for the item. And, most of them have had a decent FB rating.
A waste of my time - yes - but I just write it off as a "cost of doing business".
Tom
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Members with 0 Feedback

scouttech-outfitters
Community Member
I'd hafta agree with Tom there as well. I've had plenty of NPB's but no more with 0 than any other #. In fact a good chunk of sales are from people with 0 feedback.

I beleive I chose an option where if they have had a certain amount of negs in a certain period of time that it would block them as its hard to find the time to check everyones feedback backgound, especially if they are buying the under $10 items, LoL
Message 7 of 7
latest reply