NEW PROMO: LIST 2000 IN CAD BY INVITATION

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2015/1105/2000Listings.html

List FREE - 2,000 auction-style or fixed priced listings Start Date *  End Date 

Pay no insertion fees on 2,000 listings when Canadian Dollar is specified as the currency. Learn MoreNov. 05, 2015

05:29:30 am EST

Nov. 15, 2015

11:59:59 pm EST

Invited sellers who activate the offer and then create a listing with Canadian Dollars specified as the currency in the auction-style format, auction-style with Buy It Now format, or fixed price format, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein ("Qualifying Listing"), will pay no insertion fee per item listed ("Promotion") for up to 1,000 listings during the Promotion Period (as defined below). 

The Promotion does not apply to listings with 1-day or 3-day duration, final value fees, or optional upgrade fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax. Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, bold, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category. Please note: Not all upgrades are available in all listing flows. All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

Who's eligible?

This Promotion is available to sellers who: (i) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; and (ii) meet eBay's minimum seller performance standards. Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

Message 1 of 199
latest reply
198 REPLIES 198

Re: NEW PROMO: LIST 2000 IN CAD BY INVITATION

This is different ...before if a .ca offer came a corresponding .com offer came. Yes if that stopped I'd rather see .ca close. Then a .com offer might come. Other are welcome to different opinions...but that is how strongly I feel about this issue.

Message 61 of 199
latest reply

@e8group2007a wrote:

The thing is by giving the promotion in Canadian dollars only THAT is forcing us to convert or forego the offer. That is Steerage class treatment!

Let us switch to .com and go on the .com free promotion list!

The differing offer is a super insult to all sellers on .ca!

No it is NOT a super insult for all sellers.

You may regard it as an insult -- but as a long time seller on .CA I do not regard it as an insult but as just another selling opportunity.  I won't be recycling old ebay listings, but pulling stuff from my A-river inventory plus some inventory currently on neither.

Not to say that it wouldn't be nice if I was on the invite list for the current .com offer of 800 per month, but perhaps, because I'm not Top Rated in the USA, I just didn't get the invite to the 800 party.

Don't forget that lots of sellers do not get these free listing offers. And just because you were on the list for 2000 on .ca does not automatically put you on the list for a DIFFERENT .com offer.

Message 62 of 199
latest reply

I take it a super insult too.

Message 63 of 199
latest reply

@block36 wrote:

You know, Raphael, I find this promotion is discriminating towards sellers who chose to list in US dollars.

This is our FREEDOM OF CHOICE and this choice does not cause any damage or offence to anybody.

Seems that eBay Canada wants more success to these who list in Canadian dollars. 

Why?  

While listing in US dollars I do not offend anybody, I do not create any inconvenience to Canadian, US or around the world buyers.  Or to other sellers! 

You are right, we are discriminating, willingly. We are doing because we are convinced enough that this listing in CAD is better for most Canadians that we are giving a pricing incentive to those who want to try it out.

Message 64 of 199
latest reply

"You are right, we are discriminating, willingly. We are doing because we are convinced enough that this listing in CAD is better for most Canadians that we are giving a pricing incentive to those who want to try it out."

More insult! Try offering the service your customers want...the sellers!

At least leave us eligible for the .com offers as before.

I will be looking for other places to sell.

Message 65 of 199
latest reply

AN INSULT FOR SURE!

Message 66 of 199
latest reply

At least leave us eligible for the .com offers as before.

I will be looking for other places to sell.

You're looking for another place to sell because you received a different offer than some U.S. sellers did. Has this happened quite a few times? Has someone said that Canadians will no longer receive some of the same offers as .com sellers?

I'm sorry but I don't understand why anyone feels entitled to receive free listings. I pay for a store every month and usually keep within the listings that I pay for with the store. If I get an free listing offer, it's a bonus, not a right. If you get a different offer than me that doesn't mean that it is always going to be like that.

Message 67 of 199
latest reply

Without trying to de-value your comments or sentiments, I would caution all of you who are so very upset about this offer and its inherent push toward CAD listings to take a deep breath and stand back for a few days. I can't presume to tell any of you how to manage your business models but, remember, it's 2000 free listings available until NOV. 15. Try it and you may like it. We gain nothing on eBay.ca by comparing our plates to that of those sellers on eBay.com. We are apples and oranges. Nothing can change that.
Message 68 of 199
latest reply

Well I personally think it is important to let eBay know that I do not like this...and I just did that. I do not like such blatantly unequal treatment. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. It will certainly influence my advice to anyone thinking of selling on eBay.

Message 69 of 199
latest reply

I understand and do agree it is important to make one's opinions heard.
Message 70 of 199
latest reply

@fornax1049 wrote:

Well I personally think it is important to let eBay know that I do not like this...and I just did that. I do not like such blatantly unequal treatment. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. It will certainly influence my advice to anyone thinking of selling on eBay.

I'm not insulted.   While I would have been thrilled to have free listings until February, I'm happy to get any free promotion.  Anyone who reads the EcommerceBytes.com daily blog will have seen that eBay UK gets totally different promotions than either .com or .ca.  We're three separate entities.  Now, if we in Canada were never offered free listings, I would certainly be upset.

I was invited to this promotion and while I list very few items in CAD, I'll use it to a limited extent.  To me, it's the same as not being invited to some of the promotions that come along.  You know you'll probably be included in the next one.

That's not to say I don't have problems with the operations of eBay Canada .... it's just that this is not one of them.

Message 71 of 199
latest reply

If they are so insistent on this, they need to make some other changes.

1. Put in a bulk edit to change currency so people with 100's of listings are not totally PO'd

2. Just come out and say, list on .ca in Can dollars only period. None of this garbage they are spewing constantly

3. RECOGNIZE CANADA AS A SEPARATE COUNTRY LIKE ANY OTHER EBAY SITE. WE ARE NOT A STATE OF THE US AND I AM GETTING TIRED OF BEING TREATED THAT WAY.

4. We need out own policies as a separate country, and not based on the US. WE ARE A SEPARATE COUNTRY AND THINGS THAT WORK IN THE US DON'T NECESSARILY WORK IN CANADA AND THEY SHOULD NOT BE FORCED UPON US.

5. MAKE IT ALL OR NONE FOR SEPARATE  POLICIES AND BE EXPLICIT, NOT WISHY WASHY LIKE IT IS NOW

6. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE CLOSE TO THE US DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE PART OF THE US

Message 72 of 199
latest reply

Why would I want to list in Canadian dollars when I get billed in US dollars and transfer money to my US bank account.

I buy most of my stuff from Europe or the US and why would I want to continually pay conversion fees even though Paypal will profit from it at my expense.

Why would I want to transfer Canadian dollars to my US bank account and pay conversion fees, if Paypal will even do it.

Maybe it is time for the supposed powers to be in the Ivory Tower in the US to think things through before they jam them down out throats because they think they know everything.

Oh, I forgot and this is Ebay who do very little thinking before implementing anything.

Message 73 of 199
latest reply

We in Canada compete  very directly with U.S. sellers and for many of us most of are sales are to the U.S. We have postage cost and shipping time disadvantages. We need eBay.ca to assist us with these disadvantages not hamper us more. We need the flexibility to list without influence in the currency we wish and we need to have at least as good a free listing offers as U.S. customers are offered to help with the disadvantages we have. This whole matter just show how out of touch with our needs eBay.ca is...and yes I am insulted by it!!!

Message 74 of 199
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it means we have to convert the unsold items to Canadian currency by each (one each) as the bulk feature don't allow us to change the currency?

I list my items for postage information for US:  Tracked Packet $15.50 in US and I have to change it to $20.62?  I don't make any profits from the shipping costs.  I am not willing to lose $$ and pay the difference for the shipping costs which is huge around $5.00 or more. 

$27.50 to International (due to heavy weigh) to how much $ in Canadian?  I tried the convert website, too complicated.

$11.50 US for Canada for Expedited or XpressPost (depend which Province). 

Anyone have ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Message 75 of 199
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapael:  Who is "to who want to try it"?  None I bet!

Message 76 of 199
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapael you need to speak to someone at eBay about that.  You should have the full knowledge!  Also you should inform that everyone in Canada and USA to be treated equally, period!!

Message 77 of 199
latest reply

It is obvious when you get US buyers wanting to cancel a transaction because when they go to pay they are presented with a currency other than US dollars when "they know there is only one kind of money and it is a US $".

They never knew that there was such thing as a Canadian dollar and don't want to have anything to do with it since it scares them.

Message 78 of 199
latest reply

Has that ever actually happened?  I've sold 1000s of items in CAN$ to the USA over the years and never once did I get a single comment on currency from them.  Use to get a few from canadians complaining about US$ being used by a Canadian

Message 79 of 199
latest reply

@maximus7001 wrote:

It is obvious when you get US buyers wanting to cancel a transaction because when they go to pay they are presented with a currency other than US dollars when "they know there is only one kind of money and it is a US $".

They never knew that there was such thing as a Canadian dollar and don't want to have anything to do with it since it scares them.

I admit that many Americans have very limited knowledge about countries other than the U.S. but i think you are selling them short. I do sell some items in Canadian dollars and used to sell all items in Cdn until I moved most of my listings to the ,com site and I've never had anyone cancel the transaction because it was in Canadian dollars. How many times has that happened to you?

Message 80 of 199
latest reply